• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Custom Solutions » How I can redirect domain.com to www.domain.com? (How I can remove canonicalization issue?)
How I can redirect domain.com to www.domain.com?
nomi1783

Message # 1 | 10:31 PM
Hi there

Currently I've purchased a premium package from uCoz and hence I got a domain name as a gift from uCoz.

I'm currently in the process of customizing my design and soon it's going to be completed. Then i'll start adding content to my site.

But before I start optimizing my website, I think I must have 1 and only 1 domain for my website. As Mat cutts of Google dislikes having duplicate domains for 1 page, you can read his views here in this link.

My website is ModernSEOCompany.com. I want to redirect modernseocompany.com to www.modernseocompany.com as it's a big issue having these 2 distinct domains for same page. How can I do that using my uCoz control panel?

Please help me I'm very confused about it.

Regards
From Ghufran
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 2 | 2:20 AM
nomi1783, open CP > Settings > Common Settings. Scroll down until you find the option surrounding the sites domain and check the options as shown below.

Attachments: 2768977.png (8.3 Kb)

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
nomi1783

Message # 3 | 11:43 AM
Hi

Thanks for the advice. I got the problem resolved. I need to ask 1 more thing please if you could answer me?

My website URL's are like this:

modernseocompany.com/index/seo_services/0-22

i want it to be something like this:

modernseocompany.com/seo_services

now I've 2 questions:

1. Can i change my URL's in a way I explained above? As the site is quite new so I don't have any problem to re-write URL's or problem regarding rank-loss.

2. If so, how can I re-write them?

Regards
G
Xayaan

Message # 4 | 11:49 AM
nomi1783, Thank you for your question! And Unfortunately, No. There is no way to change your URL rewrite method.

Best regards.
Zayaan.

My Skype : xayan123 | My Twitter : @Officialxayaan
uID : - Zayaan Ibrahim | Need a professional design? Check out my Portfolio
Ghufi

Message # 5 | 6:29 PM
Hi Zayan

Thank you for your response.

Regards
Ghufi
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Custom Solutions » How I can redirect domain.com to www.domain.com? (How I can remove canonicalization issue?)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: