• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Custom Solutions » Help on private messages page.
Help on private messages page.
Datecity

Message # 1 | 5:33 PM
Hello there! I just can not let go of the frustration from the fact that its impossible to edit the private message page. Only consists of $TITLE$ and $BODY$ only. My users keep on asking to remove the 'subject' field or make it optional to them. The page it self is untidy. Messages can not belong to one thread as each single message even from the same user is independent. Ok i guess thats not sexy at all.

Besides that, can i know if its possible to attach a new domain on a website yet still accessible with the previous one for example if my website is www.a.com. I decide to change to www.b.com but want those who type www.a.com are redirected to www.b.com.

I also want to learn how to delete my own forum threads from here. Is it possible?
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 2 | 0:03 AM
Quote Datecity ()
I also want to learn how to delete my own forum threads from here. Is it possible?

Unfortunately not. If you wish to have a thread removed feel free to contact Sunny or myself. smile

Quote Datecity ()

Besides that, can i know if its possible to attach a new domain on a website yet still accessible with the previous one for example if my website is www.a.com. I decide to change to www.b.com but want those who type www.a.com are redirected to www.b.com.

To achieve this what you want to be looking into is domain redirection. I do believe it can be achieved in the domain settings of some providers.

Quote Datecity ()
I just can not let go of the frustration from the fact that its impossible to edit the private message page. Only consists of $TITLE$ and $BODY$ only. My users keep on asking to remove the 'subject' field or make it optional to them. The page it self is untidy. Messages can not belong to one thread as each single message even from the same user is independent. Ok i guess thats not sexy at all.

This has been suggested quite frequently so I guess we can hope it is something our development team are looking at. I'm not aware of any current updates underway to the page or PM features, however.

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Elexy

Message # 3 | 9:09 AM
Quote Paradox ()
This has been suggested quite frequently so I guess we can hope it is something our development team are looking at. I'm not aware of any current updates underway to the page or PM features, however.

I mean, will it ever be added?.. The private message section of the whole Ucoz service is the only thing that looks very meh and just cracking down the style.
dry

Proud Ucoz Member Since 2013
Warning: Do not trust Zayaan Ibrahim with projects, he will scam you by overpricing!
♥ http://rawtrex.com/ ♥
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Custom Solutions » Help on private messages page.
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: