• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Custom Solutions » Greetings $code$ (Inquiry)
Greetings $code$
Cyberdasm

Message # 1 | 10:56 AM
Is there a code that will say "Good Morning" "Good Afternoon" "Good Evening" that depends on the time of the user?
Actually I needed this kind of code.

I mean like this:
$day$ = Tuesday

If there isn't a code like this, is there a possibility that it will be implemented?

1F4BF3B
Post edited by Cyberdasm - Wednesday, 2016-10-19, 6:10 PM
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 2 | 10:40 AM
Cyberdasm, you can do it with JavaScript:
Code
<script type="text/javascript> currentTime = new Date();      
   if (currentTime.getHours() >= 6 && currentTime.getHours() <= 11 ) document.write("Good morning");      
   if (currentTime.getHours() >= 12 && currentTime.getHours() <= 17 ) document.write("Good afternoon");      
   if (currentTime.getHours() >= 18 && currentTime.getHours() <= 23) document.write("Good evening");      
   if (currentTime.getHours() >= 0 && currentTime.getHours() <= 5) document.write("You should go to sleep");      
   </script>!

hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Cyberdasm

Message # 3 | 11:14 AM
bigblog, thank you for your script. +1
1F4BF3B
Soldierdevil

Message # 4 | 6:31 AM
bigblog, wherre do i install this exactly?..it does not display anything where i have put it!
Systems developer
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 5 | 8:23 AM
Soldierdevil, that's weird. It should work literally everywhere where you can use HTML tags. Can you show me an URL of the page where you've inserted the code?
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Cyberdasm

Message # 6 | 2:31 AM
Soldierdevil, you need to know first the Javascript DDS so that you could understand how it works. Yes i will say that I am confused at first how that code works since I am not familiar with javascript. But later on I figured it out. Here is the finished product.

The script doesn't have a call function make one then it works. Here's mine.
My function
Code
<span id="demo"></span>

My Script
Code

<script>
currentTime = new Date, currentTime.getHours() >= 6 && currentTime.getHours() <= 11 && document.write("<span class='navbar-brand'><b>Good Morning, $USERNAME$</b></span>"),
currentTime.getHours() >= 12 && currentTime.getHours() <= 17 && document.write("<span class='navbar-brand'><b>Good Afternoon, $USERNAME$</b></span>"),
currentTime.getHours() >= 18 && currentTime.getHours() <= 23 && document.write("<span class='navbar-brand'><b>Good evening, $USERNAME$</b></span>"),
currentTime.getHours() >= 0 && currentTime.getHours() <= 5 && document.write("<span class='navbar-brand'><b>You should go to sleep, $USERNAME$</b></span>"),
document.getElementById("demo").innerHTML = x.write;
</script>

1F4BF3B
Post edited by Cyberdasm - Monday, 2016-10-31, 3:01 AM
Soldierdevil

Message # 7 | 5:43 AM
Cyberdasm,
The script doesn't have a call function make one then it works.
Make one for me too, just requesting..pleaseee!!! I dont get anything with javascript i am even so much afraid of that language..looks complicated but does nice things. Please help me create an ID from this..because even get what you mean my ID

Systems developer
Cyberdasm

Message # 8 | 5:54 AM
change the demo make it as what you want to call it.
document.getElementById("demo").innerHTML = x.write;

Added (2016-10-31, 5:54 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Its like this, post this code to where you want the "Good morning Mr. Blank" will be seen.
<span id="editme"></span>

usually the javascript is at the bottom of the page.
paste this code there.
Code
<script>
currentTime = new Date, currentTime.getHours() >= 6 && currentTime.getHours() <= 11 && document.write("<b>Good Morning, $USERNAME$</b>"),
currentTime.getHours() >= 12 && currentTime.getHours() <= 17 && document.write("<b>Good Afternoon, $USERNAME$</b></span>"),
currentTime.getHours() >= 18 && currentTime.getHours() <= 23 && document.write("<b>Good evening, $USERNAME$</b>"),
currentTime.getHours() >= 0 && currentTime.getHours() <= 5 && document.write("<b>You should go to sleep, $USERNAME$</b>"),
document.getElementById("editme").innerHTML = x.write;
</script>

1F4BF3B
Post edited by Cyberdasm - Monday, 2016-10-31, 5:57 AM
Soldierdevil

Message # 9 | 6:39 AM
Cyberdasm, thank you so much its working! I love you guys. Only that i wanna add on some images like a sine rise at good morning and also align all texts at the center of the page.
Systems developer
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 10 | 4:46 PM
Soldierdevil, you can do that, too, but make sure you use apostrophes instead of quotation marks when they are needed.
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Custom Solutions » Greetings $code$ (Inquiry)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: