Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Custom Solutions » Guide to install Let's Encrypt SSL Certificate (Step by Step Guide)
Guide to install Let's Encrypt SSL Certificate
Cyberdasm

Message # 16 | 11:36 PM
Urs,
Quote Urs ()
There is no dot before underscore (copy paste text) on sslforfree.com AND if you put a dot like this ._acme-challenge the uCoz deletes the dot when you save !

It's my mistake... sorry there's no dot. I forget that I used it during my first attempt... Thank you for your feedback. Just continue without a dot I will amend it soon.

1F4BF3B
fadly

Message # 17 | 10:42 AM
Cyberdasm

Message # 18 | 2:22 AM
Urs, Just save that as your back up. In case you redo your set-up. Such as your domain name expires something like that.
1F4BF3B
Urs

Message # 19 | 3:42 PM
I did it on namecheap.com using method 3 to attach a uCoz site.

You need there to put as HOST = _acme-challenge without the .www[domain.com]

It takes only 30 minutes for the files to get updated on namecheap.com !

Thassos Island Portal :
https://thassos.one
Post edited by Urs - Thursday, 2017-06-22, 6:16 PM
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 20 | 11:25 PM
Urs, in Windows you can also open the Command Prompt (Win+R -> type "cmd" -> enter) and use the following command to check if the TXT record has been added:
Code
nslookup -q=TXT _acme-challenge.yourdomain.com

hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Staryte

Message # 21 | 3:47 AM
Hellow, I followed all the steps and successfully uploaded manually and after a while the verification was successful too, but when I try to download certificate I get the page with the following information:

"Domain "www.staryte.com" challenge3 failed. Response from "https://acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/challenge/Nsw_6fgdoQDVUHVN2MRyECbImTxdYKXS9NKQ-yb94oQ/1407343403" was: { "type": "dns-01", "status": "invalid", "error": { "type": "urn:acme:error:unauthorized", "detail": "Correct value not found for DNS challenge", "status": 403 }, "uri": "https://acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/challenge/Nsw_6fgdoQDVUHVN2MRyECbImTxdYKXS9NKQ-yb94oQ/1407343403", "token": "-IaJcaNHrZXfz4-nzFvsaYcAQriOU5tRAiG-7dHUTfA", "keyAuthorization": "-IaJcaNHrZXfz4-nzFvsaYcAQriOU5tRAiG-7dHUTfA.ZOyNDgvLpWhnm8EaPchayAnBCJosJPiBpKTzSINhjHw" }"

What is the cause of the problem and how to solve?
Thanks.
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 22 | 8:11 AM
Staryte, maybe you rushed it and the DNS updates haven't got applied at the time you requested your certificate. Restart the process and use the command I mentioned in my previous post to check if the DNS settings are correct.
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Cyberdasm

Message # 23 | 2:39 AM
Staryte, bigblog was right. I recommend to redo it and don't rush. The problem is in the dns text record values since the values in your dns settings isn't the same values given in the SSLforFree. Take note that it will propagate in uCoz dashboard for a maximum of 4Hrs. How to compute? TTL / 60 (for seconds) / 60 (minutes) = waiting time that the settings would take effect.
Example: 14400/60=240 Minutes 240/60=4 Hours.
Another thing don't reload your browser it's because the values would change. To make it simple the dns text values is equivalent to token.

1F4BF3B
Post edited by Cyberdasm - Monday, 2017-06-26, 2:42 AM
maggiewatrous

Message # 24 | 1:13 AM
http://www.pamplinfilmcompany.com/panel/?a=domain_transfer

"All you need to do is: go to your uCoz Control Panel (uCP) www.Your Website.com/panel/?a=domain_transfer . Then edit your domain records in EXPERT MODE.

Thanks for all your help! I'm hung up here at the above --- there's no place to edit in EXPERT MODE. Is that because my domain is already attached? Also - I didn't realize not to download my certificate at the prompt, even though I read through all the instructions a bunch - stupid, I know - I'm an artist, have no background in this at all! So, I guess I'm starting over
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 25 | 8:20 AM
Quote maggiewatrous ()
I'm hung up here at the above --- there's no place to edit in EXPERT MODE. Is that because my domain is already attached?

Have you attached your domain name using the 2nd or the 3rd method?
If you have used the 2nd method, you should be able to see two record editing modes — SIMPLIFIED and EXPERT. Otherwise, you need to edit the domain records in the control panel of your domain name provider.

icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
IMB4

Message # 26 | 6:38 PM
Maybe uCoz would have to add a botton like "ADD SSL CERTIFICATE - Click Here" in the admin panel. This feature (free) is very interesting for inexperienced users & UCoz would gain quality in service & noobs could use SSL for free and safe with simple steps made by uCoz.
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 27 | 9:25 AM
IMB4, the installation of the Let's Encrypt certificates is always the same and can't be altered.
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Urs

Message # 28 | 1:10 PM
Hi all time has come to Renew this thing.

Do we have to go again through this thing and wait 4 hours ?
Can't we use Automatic FTP Verification or Manual Verification (no dns), wouldn't that be simpler ?

Any ideas are welcomed.

Thassos Island Portal :
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 29 | 2:19 PM
Urs,
Quote Urs ()
Do we have to go again through this thing and wait 4 hours ?

Yes.
Quote Urs ()
Can't we use Automatic FTP Verification or Manual Verification (no dns), wouldn't that be simpler ?

No.

icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Urs

Message # 30 | 12:22 PM
Quote bigblog ()
No.

Because these (the other) methods don't work with uCoz system at the moment right ?

Thassos Island Portal :
Post edited by Urs - Friday, 2017-09-15, 12:22 PM
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Custom Solutions » Guide to install Let's Encrypt SSL Certificate (Step by Step Guide)
Search: