• Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Custom Solutions » uCoz Sites With Custom Designs (Shows Us Your Skills!)
uCoz Sites With Custom Designs
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:13 AM
Made your own uCoz site with an entirely custom template? Post it here to show off your skills and give inspiration to other site owners to do the same. smile

We welcome all site owners to post their creations free of criticism or discussion. Just show off your work!

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
karenwirkan

Message # 16 | 7:37 AM
Code
Author: Gromov | Category: News  29.10.2018
Is there anything a user wants besides a discount? Updates, that’s for sure! We want to bring you some good news: bunch of new cool and modern templates is on the way. Stay tuned with our official blog and social media pages.

Any information when the "modern templates" will be available?
Gromov

Message # 17 | 7:42 AM
karenwirkan, those new templates have been already launched. If you want more new templates, please specify their themes and I'll forward them to the division in charge for consideration.
karenwirkan

Message # 18 | 1:23 PM
Quote Gromov ()

The new templates go in the right direction. But the developers basically played with the top part of the site (navigation menu and social media)...and that's all.
None of the new templates offer a Masonry Grid Style structure. Same can be said about the video section.
While the new templates are responsive, they are not very mobile/user -friendly and content oriented.

A few Russian paid templates tackle the subject but they are not recent.

Here's my blog website using a custom version of template #1721: https://www.summer-glau.com/
Post edited by karenwirkan - Wednesday, 2019-01-30, 5:41 PM
Gromov

Message # 19 | 7:20 AM
karenwirkan, I'll fwd your request to the team in charge for consideration.
karenwirkan

Message # 20 | 11:15 AM
Quote Gromov ()

Thanks Gromov!
Don't get me wrong, these new template are great (I'm even using one for my blog). The sliders are great...but not very useful or content-oriented. The content layout needs a refresh. And by that I mean card layout, using flexbox or grid. Similarly, I think we should implement video or image posts, where the image (or video) is displayed DIRECTLY from the "Appearance of entries" template (first page).
A paid template such as LeBoutique has started to implement such ideas (http://boutique.usite.pro/blog/).
Their video module is also great: http://boutique.usite.pro/video
Gromov

Message # 21 | 10:36 AM
karenwirkan, thank you for your feedback!
I have asked regarding the Masonry Grid Style and it's possible to use it, yes, but it's not possible to implement it as a default one due to some system's limitations, thus, it's hardly possible to see a pre-made template like that. Anyway, it was brought to the developer's/designer's attention, thus, they may find a solution for that in the near future.
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Custom Solutions » uCoz Sites With Custom Designs (Shows Us Your Skills!)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: