Archive - read only
uCoz Community » Archives » Archive » Contest: Best uCoz Website (Your chance to win $1,000!)
Contest: Best uCoz Website
DeathGod

Message # 31 | 0:38 AM
kanat07, sorry, tired :c

abasovMike, But it is not possible to add more than one site, is it?

www.drunkenjesus.net
kanat07

Message # 32 | 0:41 AM
DeathGod, if www.drunkenjesus.net is the site you are applying, I'm not sure if you can win the Best Design nominee, but I'm sure you can win the "Best domain" nominee biggrin
DeathGod

Message # 33 | 0:46 AM
kanat07, haha, if only :c
I'm still changing the site, I have some time left, right (:

www.drunkenjesus.net
CodeResolution

Message # 34 | 1:09 AM
I've just noticed this competition, and I just realized some websites that have entered the competition, their designs have just been stolen from other sites. Such as RK-Gaming (from Share & Down) and there may be others... Keep an eye out up
Kind regards,
Elliott.

"The best uCoz" critic since 2007.
Qualified website, branding, print & user interface designer.

I'm on Behance and Twitter.
Post edited by Mistory - Tuesday, 2010-08-10, 1:12 AM
kanat07

Message # 35 | 8:54 AM
Very true.
Juries should be very strict about piracy and warez sites as well as uCoz's terms of use.
Pilot

Message # 36 | 1:32 PM
While we're discussing designs, I'll drop by and share a quick note:

It's gonna be tough with the "best design" category, because, as already mentioned, people often steal designs from other websites or just find ripped versions on websites that provide them. There often is no real way to tell if the design is unique and created by the owner of the website or if it's just a ripped one.

Like for example, the one on drunkenjesus.net was originally created for SMF (link). Someone rips them, throws on a website and people download it without even knowing it's a stolen design (and I'm more than certain that DeathGod didn't use a ripped design intentionally).

Post edited by Pilot - Tuesday, 2010-08-10, 1:34 PM
kanat07

Message # 37 | 5:33 PM
Pilot, you definently can tell if the design was created by the author by looking at details like 'Appearance of entries', 'Appearance of comments', and more.

Added (2010-08-10, 11:33 Am)
---------------------------------------------
Same applies to drunkenjesus.com: look at the sidebars, 'center content', appearance of entries. I can tell they were created by a person other than the one who made the original design.

Pilot

Message # 38 | 8:24 PM
Quote (kanat07)
Pilot, you definently can tell if the design was created by the author by looking at details like 'Appearance of entries', 'Appearance of comments', and more.

Sometimes, yeah. Not always.

DeathGod

Message # 39 | 8:54 PM
Pilot, oh, I did not know that.
I will change the design asap (:

www.drunkenjesus.net
alexneo

Message # 40 | 5:35 PM
i champion http://supergames.do.am/ )))
DeathGod

Message # 41 | 7:09 PM
alexneo, Nothing special about that site, at all.
www.drunkenjesus.net
Unique

Message # 42 | 7:19 PM
Quote (DeathGod)
alexneo, Nothing special about that site, at all.

I agree...

[b64]Milos

Message # 43 | 2:20 AM
I have a problem and I need help from abasovMike or whoever is in charge. I have created a topic about this several minutes ago, but I noticed this section so I think that it is better to ask for help here.

My website is called Boulevard 64 and I added it on the win.ucoz.com competition at 3rd August. It is rated over 200 times. I was checking the competition almost every day and several hours ago I noticed another Boulevard 64 website, which is not added by me and which is not rated. I just took an image of that problem (http://b64clan-site.ucoz.com/Slike/storage/criticalimage.jpg). I don't know if it is a bug, but it says that "fake" Boulevard 64 website is also added by Milos V. (me), also on 3rd August. It also links to the original Boulevard 64 website. I don't know if it appears on my screen only for some reason, so I would like to someone confirm this problem and help me solve it.

abasovMike

Message # 44 | 2:34 AM
Hey [b64]Milos,

Somehow you added the same website twice with a little difference in the descriptions. It was my mistake to activate the second one, so I've deleted it now.

If you have any other concerns, let me know.

[b64]Milos

Message # 45 | 2:38 AM
Okay, thanks a lot abasovMike. I thought that someone else added it but I was confused about the adding date. I noticed that there is a same situation with "embattl3D" website. Best regards.
uCoz Community » Archives » Archive » Contest: Best uCoz Website (Your chance to win $1,000!)
Search: