Archive - read only
uCoz Community » Archives » Archive » The new update has started
The new update has started
Sunny

Message # 1 | 4:14 PM
The process of the new global system update has already started. The registration of new uCoz accounts has been closed and will be resumed after the update and all technical works have been finished. Websites will be inaccessible approximately on the night of March 22nd/23rd (GMT +3).

Unfortunately, after the update we expect some bugs in the work of the system which are mostly connected with the new features. We expect users to help us find and fix the bugs as quickly as possible. Temporary inaccessibility and bugs are normal for such a global update. Thank you for your understanding.

Update: Unfortunately the servers won't manage to update and recount all databases today (Match 22). This process will take more time and will probably include March 23 and 24. It means that the main part of the update (when the websites will be inaccessible) will probably take place on the night of March 24/25 (GMT +3)

At present some sites and servers may work slow, which is connected with the current technical works. Besides, in order not to unsynchronize data and to shorten the period of inaccessibility the possibility to chnage reputation has been disabled for all accounts.

When the exact shutdown time of the websites will be assigned, you'll see a notification in your admin bar. I'll try to keep you informed.

Update 2: According to the latest count, data processing will be finished not earlier than on Match 28.

This update will include the following features (this is a general info, more detailed description and all other innovations will be posted later):

• PDA version of a website. You will be able to enable, along with the main website version, a version that is optimized to be viewed from PDAs, smartphones and other mobile devices.
  • Site search. This module has been “under contruction” till now. After the update it will be launched and will make it possible to search the whole website, not only separate modules.
  • General authorization. Single login system ( uID) will let you use one registration in the system to log in to all uCoz websites that support this system. Those who don’t need it for their websites, may not use it.
  • "Awards". Site users will be able to give various awards to each other. You will be able to create TOPs of best and worst users on the basis of the awards.
  • Widgets (gadgets) – various features, effects, informers for your websites.
  • Tags. The capability to specify keywords, by means of which entries can be easily found. It will be possible to display a "Tag Cloud".
  • Comments in blogs will have more options: tree structure mode, rating, subscription to new comments.
  • Arabic localization and all RTL changes, including RTL templates.
  • Design builder. By means of a mouse you will be able to drag any design block to the place you want, to change display order, to delete a block, to add a widget etc.
  • Other useful features: sitemap (for google, yahoo etc.), improved backup system etc.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Sunny

Message # 2 | 4:56 PM
Hetor, I'll posts it within the next several days.
jackass

Message # 3 | 9:33 PM
Sunny, I hope all files will be in my file manager, like they are now...
I'm asking this, because, after one update all my files was deleted.
Or maybe I should save them?
Armaros

Message # 4 | 9:37 PM
Quote (jackass)
Or maybe I should save them?
Make a back up. Just in case. smile
cokoboy

Message # 5 | 2:21 AM
I have been automatically logging out on some pages of my site, most notibly the forums. (to reassure you, I use Firefox)

not sure if it is a glitch to this new update, but just letting you know. Me and a few members of my site are having this problem.

Armaros

Message # 6 | 2:29 AM
cokoboy,

Quote (Sunny)
Temporary

It's not done fully. Simple wait.

Sunny

Message # 7 | 7:32 AM
jackass, nothing wrong must happen with websites but it's not bad to make a backup, just for you to be sure. In any case, it is desirable to make backup copies from time to time, not only before updates.

cokoboy, I don't think it is connected with the update. Try to check your firewall, antivirus. The actual update will start when websites will become inaccessible (this may last up to 12 hours, so don't panic).

rumah-manis, ucoz.org problem is not connected with the update - http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/6-5414-1

SaadiSherazi

Message # 8 | 8:15 AM
will the new updates be revolutionary?
jackass

Message # 9 | 11:27 AM
Quote (Sunny)
jackass, nothing wrong must happen with websites but it's not bad to make a backup, just for you to be sure. In any case, it is desirable to make backup copies from time to time, not only before updates.

How I know, backup can be restored only if I pay for services. Is this correct?
So if that right, there is no sense to make backup.
I'm sorry if this is an off topic, when I get answer on this question I'll stop this subject.

Thanks...

Armaros

Message # 10 | 11:46 AM
Quote (jackass)
How I know, backup can be restored only if I pay for services. Is this correct?
Notepad.
jackass

Message # 11 | 3:59 PM
Quote (Armaros)
Notepad

What did you mean? biggrin
Angel7

Message # 12 | 4:28 PM
Quote (SaadiSherazi)
will the new updates be revolutionary?

It seems to be revolutionary smile

uCoz rocks <3
Armaros

Message # 13 | 4:36 PM
Quote (jackass)
What did you mean?
Save pages in notepad.
Angel7

Message # 14 | 4:37 PM
Armaros, but if something wrong with site he'll not be able to restore the database.
uCoz rocks <3
Armaros

Message # 15 | 5:07 PM
Quote (Angel7)
Armaros, but if something wrong with site he'll not be able to restore the database.
And what you want me to do now? I suggest to save pages in Notepad as for the
layout & files simple download back on PC. That's not hard to understand isn't it?
Messing in without understand simple things yourself is rude and is not needed.
uCoz Community » Archives » Archive » The new update has started
Search: