Archive - read only
uCoz Community » Archives » Archive » Update of 01.09.2009
Update of 01.09.2009
Sunny

Message # 1 | 1:42 PM

• The BB code [ spoiler]Any text[/spoiler] has been added. This BB code is intended for hiding of some information. You can use this BB code as you like. It’s appearance (button) can be changed by means of CSS, and the text on the button can be changed in “Substitution of default phrases”.

• The codes $SECTION_NAME$ and $SECTION_URL$ has been added to module "Appearance of entries" templates.

• All modules with images have now the code $IMGS_ARRAY_JS$ that outputs JavaScript array with all images, which allows to make different interesting things. In the "Online Games" module screenshots are displayed by means of this code $IMGS_ARRAY_JS$. Examine the template of this page.

• Now all non-existent entries do not redirect to the home page but display a 404 error which is better for SEO.

• By means of User Bar you can now easily find comments to your entries, which is very handy for authors who add new entries to websites. It is in "Comments" tab.

• "Preview" button has been added for PMs.

• PM notification about new awards. Can be disabled by means of profile editing.

• The codes $IMG_SMALL_URL1-10$,$IMG_URL1-10$ have been added to display images in all module templates where images are used. Before it was possible to display 3 images, now – 10; if you want to display all – use the code $IMGS_ARRAY_JS$.

• The codes $TIMESTAMP$ and $LASTMOD$ have been added. They display time stamp of entry editing and updating. The info on their usage will be posted below.

• jQuery library has been updated to version 1.3.2

• The code $ENTRY_CATS$ has been added. It displays a full list of categories where an entry belongs (separated by comma, with links). The code works in “Page with entry full text and its comments” template in those modules where an entry can belong to several categories.

• An option for entries sorting by last modification date has been added. It is very convenient for the websites that are updated by users, as after editing an entry will go up. For this option not to be abused, the date is updated not more often than once a week (an administrator can change the date anytime on entry editing page). This option can be selected in module settings.

• When creating an informer for categories of any module, a new setting has been added – it allows to output a list of categories in JavaScript array, which can be useful for those who have JavaScript coding skills.

• Friendly URL support has been added to all modules. All old links remain as they are. To change URLs of old entries you need to edit them and add titles manually (or copy entry title to the corresponding field). If you don’t need Friendly URLs you can disable them in Common Settings. If someone thinks that IDs (numbers) are not needed, he/she should read more info about friendly URLs, SEO, the realization in other systems, database optimization etc.

• A new module - "Online Games" – has been added. It can be automatically filled with games when installing it. The database contains both online and downloadable games. A website owner can add new games and delete/edit default games. If you want to use the module for your own needs – you are welcome, just install it empty and use it for any content you like.

• Every website user can now subscribe to website updates. It can be done via User Bar/Admin Bar in "Control" tab. Each time a new entry is added, a notification will be received via email or PM. You can unsubscribe from notifications in each message.

• RSS feed for Photo Albums has been added.

• Tag Board has been modified. Now it is more convenient to write, CTRL+Enter works. The most important thing is a security code for Tag Board – it won’t let transform it into a spam accumulator. The implementation of the security code has lead to the changes in operation principle – now the form is not cached but is generated on-the-fly, which allows to use flexible conditions in the form template.

• A new feature has been added to Photo Albums, it is named after the most popular library for this effect – LightBox. When clicking a demo image, a new floating window will open. You can view all images of a category within such window, and there is also a slideshow option. Here you can also rate an image, view tagged people, go to a separate page with a photo and its comments, go to the page with an original photo. In most cases this window can replace a full-scale page but in a more modern and beautiful variant. If you don’t like the window you can customize it if you have enough knowledge. LiteBox can be disabled in module settings.

• The code <?$RELATED_ENTRIES$(10)?> has been added. It outputs related entries on the page with a full entry text. The similarity is determined on the basis of tags – the more tags coincide, the more relevant is the entry. Similar entries are displayed as a list, its appearance can be customized by means of CSS. The code works in all content modules that have the page with a full entry text.

• Some bugs have been fixed (unfortunately new bugs have been added as well, we will try to fix them asap).

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
kostova

Message # 46 | 10:00 PM
When adding new entries to the online games, screenshots show up sometimes, and then sometimes, actually most of the times don't.

Is there some way to fix this?

Sunny

Message # 47 | 8:58 AM
heysupp, provide website url.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
kostova

Message # 48 | 3:08 AM
Nevermind. It reuploaded the screenshots, I guess it didn't create a thumbnail for it when I uploaded the first time.
Thanks though.
Rezwan73

Message # 49 | 12:35 PM
hello

the "<?$RSTARS$('12','http://src.ucoz.net/img/stars/3/12.png','0','half')?>" code is not working in informer. why?

kshengelia

Message # 50 | 1:51 PM
Quote (Sunny)
PM notification about new awards. Can be disabled by means of profile editing.

This is nice but it's Russian :| Can you translate to other languages?

Georgian Mountain Dog (Tarti) named "Balta" - On the avatar
Dartz

Message # 51 | 2:03 PM
Quote (kshengelia)
This is nice but it's Russian :| Can you translate to other languages?
It's not in Russian...

[... With uCoz since December 2 2007 ...]
kshengelia

Message # 52 | 2:26 PM
Новая награда << anyway.. this isn't Georgian i think.. when will it be?

Dartz

Message # 53 | 2:40 PM
Hmm... if you're using another language for your website, there is possibility
this language doesn't have new updates translated and default language for
uCoz is Russian. As for English language it's fully translated. If you are using
other language for your website, you must wait. System will be translated.

kshengelia

Message # 54 | 3:57 PM
i know :> ok

animeandstuff

Message # 55 | 2:48 AM
what 100 more free disk space? awesome thanks uCoz LOVE YOU freaking sweet now i can add more songs yea it was funny just went on noticed the admin bar meter thing saw it went from 349 one day to 449 next sweet
Tommy

Message # 56 | 6:50 AM
animeandstuff,
Quote (Dartz)
[10.09.2009] - Disk space was increased by 100 MB for all users.

You are late mate. wink See this http://www.forum.ucoz.com/forum/3-7887-1

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell - you see, I have friends in both places"
Post edited by Vinothdazzlin - Friday, 2009-09-18, 6:52 AM
Dartz

Message # 57 | 10:18 AM
8 days late. rolleyes
animeandstuff

Message # 58 | 0:32 AM
i see the shop module in CP but cant install it
Tommy

Message # 59 | 6:45 AM
animeandstuff,
Please search next time http://www.forum.ucoz.com/forum/6-7978-1

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell - you see, I have friends in both places"
CodeResolution

Message # 60 | 3:24 PM
When do you thinkk a Friends List would be made for uCoz (if this is ever going to be made).

Here's some more infomation: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/24-7372-1

*Sorry if this is irrelavent or off-topic

Kind regards,
Elliott.

"The best uCoz" critic since 2007.
Qualified website, branding, print & user interface designer.

I'm on Behance and Twitter.
uCoz Community » Archives » Archive » Update of 01.09.2009
Search: