Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » uCoz ad banner (How to remove it)
uCoz ad banner
Natashko

Message # 1 | 11:57 AM
1. Is it possible to remove the uCoz ad banner from the website?

Of course, it is possible. Removal of the ad banner is a paid service that is included into all paid plans starting from the Basic one. To disable it:

1. Go to your website's Control Panel -> Top bar -> $ Paid services -> Paid services.

2. Select any plan except the Minimal one (it does not include removal of the ad banner) and the period for which you want to buy it.

3. Click Buy and follow further system instructions.

P.S. Hiding of the required uCoz ad banner is a serious violation of the uCoz Terms of Use that leads to blocking of your website!

2. Is it possible to set a color scheme of the built-in ad banner?

Unfortunately, it is not possible at present. Though, it is possible to set a banner position (left or right). To do so go to Control Panel -> uCoz banner and copyright adjustment -> Banner position, select a position and click Save.

3. I have found a website that violates the uCoz Terms of Use.

Please forward this information to the uCoz Abuse Team by means of the following form (at the bottom of the page): http://www.ucoz.com/abuse/

4. I have just created a website and there is no ad banner there. What should I do? Will my site be blocked?

The uCoz ad banner is not displayed on new websites for the first 10 days. It will appear when this period is over, do not worry. Of course, your website is not going to be blocked for that.
pakura

Message # 91 | 12:10 PM
cp> Payments history tranfer money with webmoney or other cool
coce_boy

Message # 92 | 12:10 PM
well I want to remove just the ucoz banner cous I have just buy a domain look at it cocefreesot.com so is it posible?

pls help me sad

Post edited by coce_boy - Thursday, 2010-06-24, 6:20 PM
Sunny

Message # 93 | 12:11 PM
coce_boy, CP -> $ -> Paid services -> Buy a separate service.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
CrisJako

Message # 94 | 12:11 PM
I bought a 12month basic pack which is supposed to remove ads but i am still seeing them on my website. any ideas?
Natashko

Message # 95 | 12:11 PM
CrisJako, I have checked your website and there is no mandatory ad banner displayed there. What exactly do you mean? A screenshot will be useful.
CrisJako

Message # 96 | 12:11 PM
There you go. I made it white to make it less visible but it would be much better if it wasnt there at all.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments: 5097826.jpg (22.9 Kb)
Unique

Message # 97 | 12:11 PM
CrisJako, it's not ads, it's uCoz copyrights. And with that pack you can't remove that. You need to buy premium pack.

Premium ($8.99)
Removal of uCoz copyright.

CrisJako

Message # 98 | 12:11 PM
oh right dont worry my bad i just realised i have to purchase a premium package. thanks anyway biggrin
Post edited by CrisJako - Tuesday, 2011-04-26, 9:51 PM
MIORACLE

Message # 99 | 12:31 PM
I WANT THE 'CREATE A NEW WEBSITE' THING GOTTEN OFF MY SITE?
Natashko

Message # 100 | 12:37 PM
MIORACLE,
Quote (MIORACLE)
I WANT THE 'CREATE A NEW WEBSITE' THING GOTTEN OFF MY SITE?

if you are referring to uCoz mandatory copyright - it is discussed here: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/42-13721-1 Removal of uCoz copyright is a paid service and it costs $4.99/month
Harrison7682

Message # 101 | 7:35 PM
I know somewhere in the faq/rules it says that we cannot hide this bar.
http://k.minus.com/jOJnvoBX5PdzS.PNG
but is it alright that i re-created it?
http://k.minus.com/jATzTCI3rruPC.PNG

I don't think I'm breaking the rules because it says I'm not allowed to hide the bar but I'm not really hiding it, I'm just re creating it so it will go with the look/feel of my website.

Please post back asap
Post edited by Harrison7682 - Sunday, 2011-09-11, 7:47 PM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 102 | 10:42 PM
Harrison7682, unfortunately I don't believe uCoz are going to like this much. The ad-bar has more functionality than most people think and it is supposed to be the "ad-bar" not a bar that fits in with your design.

Sorry, but as far as I am aware this is how it is. wink

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Harrisonbs

Message # 103 | 0:00 AM
Quote (Paradox)
unfortunately I don't believe uCoz are going to like this much. The ad-bar has more functionality than most people think and it is supposed to be the "ad-bar" not a bar that fits in with your design.

Alright, well I would still like to see an administrator approve/disapprove this. I can add all or the bars features if necessary.
Post edited by Harrisonbs - Monday, 2011-09-12, 0:01 AM
Natashko

Message # 104 | 9:04 AM
Harrisonbs,
Quote (Harrison7682)
I don't think I'm breaking the rules because it says I'm not allowed to hide the bar but I'm not really hiding it, I'm just re creating it so it will go with the look/feel of my website

I will agree with Paradox. It is forbidden to change the appearance of mandatory uCoz ad banner. You have 48 hours to restore the default appearance of the banner. Otherwise your website is going to be blocked.
Harrisonbs

Message # 105 | 8:07 PM
I have changed it back, so no need to worry; although you say i cannot change the appearance of the ad bar. Am i allow to change its position on the page/re-size it?

To something that could look like this?

http://i55.tinypic.com/af7zmp.png
Post edited by Harrisonbs - Monday, 2011-09-12, 8:21 PM
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » uCoz ad banner (How to remove it)
Search: