• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » saving CSS/Site Page doesnt result in changes after refresh (even when I refresh the cache of the browser)
saving CSS/Site Page doesnt result in changes after refresh
zhy-jones

Message # 1 | 2:15 PM
I ve the following problem, I hope you can help me out

I'm customizing my site by changing the style sheet (CSS) and the Site Pages, in the control panel, but when I save my work, it doesnt result in changes. I refresh my browsers (opera/firefox/chromium) in a way the cache is updated to (ctrl-F5), but no results

i should almost think I have to push a 'publish' buttun somewhere!
can someone help me out here, it is very necessary to me, because I'm a kind of an trial and error programmer.....

thanks!
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 2 | 2:18 PM
zhy-jones, the method you have described is completely fine and the templates should have updated within at least 5 minutes - normally they update immediately however on occasion I encounter a problem where they don't but it is generally working within 5.

Could you please provide a site address and I will have a look at any possible problems. smile

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
zhy-jones

Message # 3 | 7:23 PM
hi paradox, and others,

I've cut everything out of the Page Editor Site Pages and replaced it with:

Code
<html><head></head><body>$GLOBAL_BFOOTER$</body></html>

I expect this code to show nothing at all but, after waiting a while, reopening the browsers, refreshing after deleting the cache, i still see my site, as it was before

any ideas?
THANKS ALREADY
belmo996

Message # 4 | 8:38 PM
are you include your css between head tags

code:

Code
<link rel="stylesheet" href="link-of-your-css-file"/>
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 5 | 10:30 PM
zhy-jones,

Quote (Paradox)
please provide a site address

zhy-jones

Message # 6 | 1:54 PM
hi there, thanks for you help.

I found out where it all went wrong.
I thought 'Page Editor' 'Site Pages' was a kind of layout site which is used as basic for all the other sites. I was expecting the pages like blog and publisher used the 'site page' for the static parts, like the header footer, menu and the blocks. So I changed the content of the 'site page' and refreshed the 'blog', and nothing changed! like i said before, i am a kind of a trial and error programmer.

I haven't add my site address because i want this question in general, so it could be a help for al users.

where can i leave a hint?
It might be a good idea to define/declare 5 colors in one place, which make it possible to change the colors of the site by changing this declarations. for example: somewhere you can find color1 color2 color3.... with the colorcodes. changing these declarations will instantly result in an other "feel and look" of the site.
i know this can be done with 'quick substitution of template parts' (Main » Customize design » Quick replacement) but for this action. you have to know the colorcodes that are used, to change them.

well, thank you all
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 7 | 2:51 PM
Quote (zhy-jones)
I haven't add my site address because i want this question in general, so it could be a help for al users.

I understand your intentions however you need to understand that without a site URL - we can't' help you. Each and every case here on the forums is unique in its own way - there is no one thing that can go wrong and no one way to solve it. Your problem could have been anything from server issues, to a temporary system bug, to a design error, and a myriad of other things. Having a site URL helps us here diagnose the problems you are experiencing on your site more quickly and effectively.

As to your problems however it is great to hear you have found the solution to your inquiries. wink smile

Quote (zhy-jones)
It might be a good idea to define/declare 5 colors in one place, which make it possible to change the colors of the site by changing this declarations. for example: somewhere you can find color1 color2 color3.... with the colorcodes. changing these declarations will instantly result in an other "feel and look" of the site.

This feature does somewhat already exist through the use of CSS. Web coding is actually quite limited at times - especially at the time many of these templates were created - so there are some discrepancies between how they have been constructed at times, so as you may have noticed, some design features are controlled in the CSS while others in the direct HTML depending on the template.

uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » saving CSS/Site Page doesnt result in changes after refresh (even when I refresh the cache of the browser)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: