• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » User Lock Out (How can I unlock them?)
User Lock Out
Niz

Message # 1 | 3:52 AM
One of my users locked themselves out of our website from entering their password incorrectly. how do I unlock them?
Eriko
Pokémon Master

Message # 2 | 4:58 AM
Can you please give me a link to your website and give me the username of the one who got locked out. I never heard of someone being locked out of a website here on uCoz so I want to check some things.
Niz

Message # 3 | 5:12 AM
4acesbf3.ucoz.com

AtomicBlunt408

Please let me know if you find anything. He has a uNet account. I sent him to read a post that is open to Moderator viewing only. He couldnt find it, realised he wasnt logged in, attempted to enter his password, and then said he was locked out. He was wondering if he had to wait (guessing it gave a time frame to wait) or if I could potentially use the main CP to unlock his account. I cant find anything like that....anywhere.
Eriko
Pokémon Master

Message # 4 | 5:58 AM
if possible. can you ask him for some print screens considering the message uCoz is giving? I'll try to help you while sunny isn't here, yet.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 5 | 7:53 AM
Niz, if your site is definitely using uID authorisation I believe the system has been developed to lock people temporarily from their accounts if the number of unsuccessful login attempts is greater than 4/5 at a single time. This is only a temporary measure and his account will be unlocked soon judging from when this thread was posted. wink
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Sunny

Message # 6 | 11:35 AM
Paradox is right, if a user enters a wrong password 5 times in succession, his IP is temporarily blocked by the system (for ~1 hour). Such user shouldn't try to log in during this period or the block period will be prolonged. In ~1 hour he will be able to log in, if he remembers the correct password smile He can use the 'lost password' feature if he doesn't.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » User Lock Out (How can I unlock them?)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: