• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » malicious meta tag "I Want This" (I cant remove "I Want This" Mal-Ware meta tag)
malicious meta tag "I Want This"
crazzy

Message # 1 | 5:02 AM
It seems that my website is being token over by a meta tag "click to continue>by I Want This" this doesn't happen with opera but its doing this in Firefox so I would assume it is also affecting IE and other web browsers, i know that "i want this" is quite nasty. it took me 4 weeks to get it off my computer, i am wondering if theres anyway to eliminate thees meta tags. along with the mal-ware link it brings up imagery that i don't want on my site being it is intended for educational purposes.
learning to program is the hard part after that its just a change of syntax
Post edited by crazzy - Friday, 2012-11-23, 5:03 AM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 2 | 8:35 AM
crazzy, could you please provide a site URL. I don't understand entirely what you are experiencing. smile
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
crazzy

Message # 3 | 7:17 PM
http://codelibrary.ucoz.com/

Ive seen the meta tag in various posts and sights besides mine,

"I Want This" Ive had some experience with that file, im not shure if the source is the same as the mal-ware i had but i would suspect it is.

Post edited by crazzy - Friday, 2012-11-23, 9:34 PM
Sunny

Message # 4 | 2:33 PM
crazzy, I don't have this problem on your website. I would suggest that you try to remove third-party scripts from your website, if any, and restore the default templates (create a template backup in the Design section before doing it). You might also need to check your PC for viruses.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
crazzy

Message # 5 | 9:55 PM
as for the third party links I'v attempted several ways of blocking the meta-links
A. reset the default. the meta-links are still there

B. the following modifications slowed but did not stop the linking of meta tags.

<head>
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
<title>$SITE_NAME$ - $MODULE_NAME$</title>
<?$META_DESCRIPTION$?>
<link type="text/css" rel="StyleSheet" href="/.s/src/css/971.css" />

</head>

I have deleted all items in red this slowed but did not stop the connection of third-party scripts

C. have tried to scramble the background lettering with links and invisible characters it works but makes the website look odd

as for any viruses on my computer.

A. I have done full system scan from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to my own programs and applications everything seams to be clean.

B. i have used netstat -b i don't have any strange or misleading connections scripts or communications running in the background. nothing but my anti-virus and web browser has a connection.

C. did a spy-ware/mal-ware scan of the computer.

D. used proxies sites to double check it wasn't from my connection

is there something that i'm just not thinking of ?

Sunny

Message # 6 | 3:07 PM
crazzy, it's either antivirus, the virus itself, or maybe also some browser addons.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
crazzy

Message # 7 | 11:28 PM
Thanks sunny, it ended up being a browser addon.
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » malicious meta tag "I Want This" (I cant remove "I Want This" Mal-Ware meta tag)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: