• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » difference between pagemanaging/creating possibilities (explanation needed)
difference between pagemanaging/creating possibilities
Fleur

Message # 1 | 11:56 AM
Can someone explain the relation between the following tools:
- page editor
- site menu management
- site menu builder

Thanks in advance,
Fleur.
Post edited by Fleur - Thursday, 2013-04-18, 11:59 AM
Sunny

Message # 2 | 12:19 PM
Quote (Fleur)
- page editor

The module with the help of which you can create website pages.

Quote (Fleur)
- site menu management
- site menu builder

They are almost the same actually. With the help of the site menu builder in Control Panel you can create/edit website menus. With the help of the "site menu management" option in the Builder mode you can only edit a certain site menu.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Fleur

Message # 3 | 12:34 PM
Ok, thanks.

and how are they related?
I mean, if I modify/ create/... pages in de 'page editor', will this automaticly appear in the "site menu builder".
Or, if I modify/ create/... pages in de 'site builder', will this automaticly appear in the 'page editor'?
And what changes in 'site menu builder' and 'page editor' will appear on de actual site?

so, I suppose the real question is 'what is the most efficient place to create, modify... pages?'

(at the moment the different menus -SMB & PE- contain different pages/links/... you know, it's a mess)

thx,
fleur
Sunny

Message # 4 | 12:43 PM
Quote (Fleur)
I mean, if I modify/ create/... pages in de 'page editor', will this automaticly appear in the "site menu builder".

Yes, newly created pages appear on the site menu automatically. But if you modify pages, e.g. change a page name, it won't change on the site menu, you will need to edit the site menu separately.

Quote (Fleur)
Or, if I modify/ create/... pages in de 'site builder', will this automaticly appear in the 'page editor'?

No, the site menu builder doesn't create pages. Here you can only put links to existing pages, otherwise, if you put a link to a non-existent page, you will get 404 Page Not Found.

Quote (Fleur)
And what changes in 'site menu builder' and 'page editor' will appear on de actual site?

Any changes, if you don't forget to click "Save' after editing, will appear on the website.

Quote (Fleur)
so, I suppose the real question is 'what is the most efficient place to create, modify... pages?'

Page Editor. And there are also other content modules that you can use on your website, like Blog, Forum, File Catalog etc.

Fleur

Message # 5 | 1:01 PM
ok, I understand. A last question about this:
newly created pages appear on the site menu automatically

in page editor I see that when you create a new page, you can choose 'Add link to the page into the main site menu'.

but once you made your choice, saved and reopen (in page editor) the page, the 'Add link to the page into the main site menu' has disappeared.

So, how can I (without starting all over again) make older pages appear in de site menu builder?

(thanks a lot for the support.)
fleur
Sunny

Message # 6 | 1:11 PM
Quote (Fleur)
So, how can I (without starting all over again) make older pages appear in de site menu builder?

Add the links manually via Site Menu Builder.

Fleur

Message # 7 | 1:20 PM
Hm. that doesn't look like a very satisfying answer to me. wink

you really mean that this is the only option? there is no other way to add the ready made pages to the builder-pages? only copy - pasting that what you've made in de page editor?

not realy convenient, is it?

thanks for the help anyway.

gr,
fleur
Sunny

Message # 8 | 2:09 PM
Fleur, yes, you need to copy the page links and paste them into your site menu in Site Menu Builder.
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » difference between pagemanaging/creating possibilities (explanation needed)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: