• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Recovering an old Account.
Recovering an old Account.
Sandstormv2

Message # 1 | 6:33 PM
Hello there. I wasn't really sure where to post this since there dosn't seem to be any real clear support board for threads but here we go. I'm basicly trying to recover the old account I used to a fourm a long time ago. It seems the account is active and still registered. But the attached e-mail for it has been forgotten or removed leaving me compleatly unable to log-into that account and was wondering if it was re-possible to add the e-mail back and rescure the account for me.

Thanks!
Sunny

Message # 2 | 9:43 AM
Quote (Sandstormv2)
I wasn't really sure where to post this since there dosn't seem to be any real clear support board for threads

Almost all boards are support boards, divided by subjects.

Provide the e-mail address of your old account, please.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Sandstormv2

Message # 3 | 5:55 PM
The E-mail that used to be attached to the account was broadhurst_dj@yahoo.co.uk
And the Nickname it belonged to was Lucinya.

Thanks.
Sunny

Message # 4 | 9:37 AM
Sandstormv2, what forum did you have that account on? I can't find neither the e-mail, nor the username on our support forum. There is also no uID account with the provided e-mail address, so I assume the forum you were registered to used the local sign-in method. In any case it is not possible to restore the uID account if there was one in the past, and if your local account was removed from that forum it won't be possible to restore it as well. But if the account is still registered, you must be able to retrieve the password.
Sandstormv2

Message # 5 | 2:49 AM
The forum it was used for is holytemplars.ucoz.com. Where I used the name Lucinya, and it also tells me that name is still in use. I made the account along time ago with that e-mail. But used the nickname instead to login. And when things either updated or changed, the account dropped the e-mail that was attached to it and wouldn't let me log in as Lucinya or even attempt to recover a password.
Post edited by Sandstormv2 - Sunday, 2013-06-02, 2:50 AM
Sunny

Message # 6 | 12:44 PM
Sandstormv2, your account on that forum is local. You should contact the website administrator and ask him to change your password (afterwards you will be able to change the password again, into the one that the website administrator won't know).
Sandstormv2

Message # 7 | 2:55 PM
Right I see. It's just weird that even with every password I've used it still wouldn't let me into that account on the forum. But the admin of that forum can't even remember his own details and dosn't seem to care either... Is it possible to merge the acounts or something? Because now the uCoz login has forceibly registered me to the forum under this name is automaticly logging this acount in dispite me never telling it to remember a password or do so.
Sunny

Message # 8 | 10:43 AM
Quote (Sandstormv2)
Right I see. It's just weird that even with every password I've used it still wouldn't let me into that account on the forum. But the admin of that forum can't even remember his own details and dosn't seem to care either...

I'm afraid we won't be able to help you here.

Quote (Sandstormv2)
Is it possible to merge the acounts or something?

The one on that forum and on this forum? No, that's not possible.

Quote (Sandstormv2)
is automaticly logging this acount in dispite me never telling it to remember a password or do so.

If you log in with a uID account to a uCoz website, you are also logged it to uID.me, and the system will remember you as long as you don't log out at uID.me (or clear cookies, or use another browser/PC). That's why you are logged in automatically after clicking "Log in via uID" without entering the email+password. You need to go to http://uid.me/ and log out, if you don't want to be logged in automatically or want to log in with another account.

uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Recovering an old Account.
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: