• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Is it just me ??? (Can't update pages)
Is it just me ???
Spyder

Message # 1 | 8:50 AM
Would really appreciate some help here.
I get into my Control Panel and then into Page Editor then Page Management.
I click Edit Information on the page I want to edit and the Login Page pops up.
I log in
Then what ??
Going back to Page Management and Edit Information just gives me the Login page again.
So once logged in where do I go ?????
Xayaan

Message # 2 | 10:46 AM
Spyder, What you mean is you need administrator privileges in your username created in the website.To avoid such a thing. You need to login to your website first using your username and password (the registered username in your website) . After that then login to your control panel , go to page management and edit information and you won't have to login again.

Best regards.

My Skype : xayan123 | My Twitter : @Officialxayaan
uID : - Zayaan Ibrahim | Need a professional design? Check out my Portfolio
Spyder

Message # 3 | 9:41 AM
Thanks for getting back.

I thought it may be something like this - so I created a new user with Administrator privileges. I now have 2 - buth Administrators. It doesn't seem to make any difference whether I log into the Control Panel first or the website. I still can't edit. But I have been able to in the past - I've added photos on a few occasions.

Something has changed and I can't figure out what !
Sunny

Message # 4 | 12:25 PM
Spyder, what's the website address and the account e-mail you are using to log in? (you can send the info via PM if you wish).
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Spyder

Message # 5 | 7:48 AM
Web site address is http://worldwidewebbee.ucoz.com

e-mail address is spyderswebb@hotmail.com

Thanks for your help x
Sunny

Message # 6 | 8:53 AM
Spyder, please provide the link to the page where you are asked by the system to log in (just copy it from the address bar). And you are entering your e-mail + password to log in, right? Not the username? Also, try to edit a page in another browser.
Spyder

Message # 7 | 8:28 PM
Page link is http://worldwidewebbee.ucoz.com/index/31-11-0-1-2

Have tried using Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer and get the same thing

Am definately using e-mail address and pass word - is that correct ?
Sunny

Message # 8 | 8:32 AM
Quote (Spyder)
Am definately using e-mail address and pass word - is that correct ?

Yes, that's right.

The techs couldn't confirm the problem, the login form works fine on the provided page. Please try the following:

For testing purposes try to work from another copy of operating system, another computer and, if possible, using another network provider. E.g., you can check your website from one of Internet clubs as they meet all the mentioned conditions.
If you do not have such possibility, then it is desirable to do the following actions step by step:
1. Disable your firewall, antivirus while running diagnostics;
2. Disable the traffic saving services (e.g., Traffic Compressor);
3. Disable the torrent client or any other services that can create a lot of connections, if any;
4. Try to use another browser or update the current one. Maybe some necessary browser functions are disabled or are working incorrectly. If your Internet Explorer version is less than 8 – install latest Windows updates, or install Internet Explorer 8 as a separate package; if you use Opera version less than 10.60 or Firefox less than 3.6.3 – update the browser.
5. Make sure that cookies are accepted by the browser, clear the cookies history; check whether JavaScript is enabled in your browser; clear the cache (temporary files) of the browser. You can find the information on how to do this in the "Help" tab of your browser.

Spyder

Message # 9 | 5:28 PM
I had just about given up on this website. I'm now in Canada and decided to have one last try - I logged in the same way as before and got straight in with no problem !

I notice someone else from the UK has posted a thread with a similar problem to mine - is there something different about what happens depending on where you are ?

Thanks for your help x
Sunny

Message # 10 | 1:06 PM
Spyder, it looks like a PC-specific issue (installed software, settings), not a country-specific one. If possible, try to log in from the UK, but from a different PC and Internet connection.
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Is it just me ??? (Can't update pages)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: