• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Changing my nickname on THIS forum. (Do I have to ask a moderator to do it?)
Changing my nickname on THIS forum.
MissEAG

Message # 1 | 3:16 AM
Hi there,

New to ucoz and enjoying learning all the ins and outs. Unfortunately, I made an error when I first signed up to this forum yesterday in regards to my Nickname.

My plan was to create a user for myself as well as a user for the person who I am making the website for so I could just pass them their name and password and voila, they would be set to go. Unfortunately I put the wrong nickname in my user profile, so my nickname is that of the other person I'm creating the website for. I noticed yesterday once I posted something, but couldn't see how to change it at the time.

Today to try and fix it, I went through every profile I have on here, main control panel, uid.me and webtop trying to figure out what I was doing wrong because the nickname that kept showing up as I visited this forum would not change. When I check my user profile for the forum it shows my name and the unwanted Nickname in brackets beside it. (I'm including a screen shot of that).

Finally, I came across this archived thread which is now locked [url=http://http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/6-13945-1#89699][/url] where the user CodeResolution points out only an administrator can change my password on this forum.

Finally I realized I wasn't crazy, but that it actually could not be changed on my end. I still would like it changed though because once the other user gets online she will probably want to use her name.

So, I have a few questions regarding this:

1. Is there an administrator in particular I can ask to have this changed?

2. Is the only way to change this, by creating a new user and changing all my other profiles (uid.me and webtop) associated with the old one to the new one? (I'm really hoping to not have to do this I've I've wasted too much time on this already).

3. After all I have read on this topic, in various threads, it appears to be an issue in general that users cannot change their nicknames on any forum that isn't their own. Is there a way around it when creating my own forum, so my users can change their nicknames? Or can one implement some sort of "caution" pop-up that will warn users they cannot change their nickname, ever, once it is created and to think carefully before clicking enter.

**Lastly if a moderator is reading this and has the capability to change my nickname, changing it to: MissEAG would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for any advice!!
Attachments: 5048224.jpg (17.6 Kb)
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 2 | 3:39 AM
Quote (PauMuro)
1. Is there an administrator in particular I can ask to have this changed?

There's only one Administrator on the forums here at the moment, so you'll need to speak to Sunny. smile

Quote (PauMuro)

2. Is the only way to change this, by creating a new user and changing all my other profiles (uid.me and webtop) associated with the old one to the new one? (I'm really hoping to not have to do this I've I've wasted too much time on this already).

Unfortunately So.

Quote (PauMuro)
3. After all I have read on this topic, in various threads, it appears to be an issue in general that users cannot change their nicknames on any forum that isn't their own. Is there a way around it when creating my own forum, so my users can change their nicknames? Or can one implement some sort of "caution" pop-up that will warn users they cannot change their nickname, ever, once it is created and to think carefully before clicking enter.

This can be achieved via PHP however there is no system solution for said functionality.

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Sunny

Message # 3 | 11:44 AM
MissEAG, I've changed your nickname.

I'd like also to add that you can edit the nickname of your uID profile, and the new one will be displayed on all uCoz websites where you will log in after this. But it will remain as it is on all websites where you logged in before the change.

Quote (MissEAG)
Is there a way around it when creating my own forum, so my users can change their nicknames? Or can one implement some sort of "caution" pop-up that will warn users they cannot change their nickname, ever, once it is created and to think carefully before clicking enter.

Well, you can still change their usernames as the administrator. You could just create a separate forum thread or an e-mail form where users could post their request for nickname change. After all, users don't do this often smile

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Cyberdasm

Message # 4 | 2:28 PM
Sunny, can you also changed my default nickname madam to Rhodophyta.

I dont know how i got that nickname.
Best regards,

1F4BF3B
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 5 | 11:05 PM
dense0293, PM sunny about this issue personally. smile The forums here are not for requesting usernames. Users need to be mindful when signing up as to what username they wish to use.

'Closed

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Changing my nickname on THIS forum. (Do I have to ask a moderator to do it?)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: