• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Builder (how to use Builder feature)
Builder
Heeeeey

Message # 1 | 7:46 PM
Is there a way to use the Builder to edit my website?

I want to add blocks to the right-hand side of my page, but it only allows me to put them on the left side.

Also, is there a way to use builder to widen and lengthen my website? Because I want to add blocks to the right-hand side, I need to lengthen the header. I also want to add a column of links, so I need to lengthen the site as well. I can't even add blocks to the left-hand side because it's too short and it only shows a few blocks.

Thank you.

Eriko
Pokémon Master

Message # 2 | 11:40 PM
Heeeeey, You need to edit your site's CSS to change the length of the header. Furthermore, it must be possible to add blocks on the right side; or is the right side that you're talking about the main section? Can I have a site URL so I can help much better?
WatedBoy

Message # 3 | 0:31 AM
My builder has a problem. When i edit and try to save it the save button doesn't work. Can anybody please help me? when i click on save changes nothing happens!!
My website: http://sampdm.do.am
Heeeeey

Message # 4 | 0:45 AM
Heeeeey, You need to edit your site's CSS to change the length of the header. Furthermore, it must be possible to add blocks on the right side; or is the right side that you're talking about the main section? Can I have a site URL so I can help much better?

Here is the url:

[url]http://thepercolator.ucoz.net][/url]

You can see the template has a column for blocks only on the left side.

Post edited by Heeeeey - Wednesday, 2013-10-23, 0:46 AM
WatedBoy

Message # 5 | 1:14 AM
But my page has no column. do i need to change template?
Sunny

Message # 6 | 9:35 AM
Heeeeey, the design you are using has two columns - the left side block and the main content part. Adding a right side block will require considerable redesigning of the website. Therefore, if you need the third column, it will be easier to choose another design, a three-column one.

WatedBoy, you problem has nothing to do with columns. Try to clear browser's cache and cookies, or try to use another browser.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Heeeeey

Message # 7 | 5:15 PM
Quote Sunny ()
the design you are using has two columns - the left side block and the main content part. Adding a right side block will require considerable redesigning of the website. Therefore, if you need the third column, it will be easier to choose another design, a three-column one.

I can't lengthen the site either? It seems I can't add many blocks to the left column. I have added them with builder, but when I 'turn off' the builder, those blocks don't show.

Btw, I have template #783, and I saw a skeleton version of it that I posted a screenshot of on another thread here, and it had two columns on each side and hand more length to put a list of links.

Post edited by Heeeeey - Thursday, 2013-10-24, 5:19 AM
Sunny

Message # 8 | 7:46 AM
Quote Heeeeey ()
I can't lengthen the site either? It seems I can't add many blocks to the left column. I have added them with builder, but when I 'turn off' the builder, those blocks don't show.

You should be able to add as many blocks as you need. But please keep in mind that some blocks are displayed only under certain conditions. For example, $CATEGORIES$ will be displayed only on pages of the module that has categories, $CALENDAR$ will be displayed only in Site News and in Blog, etc. What are the exact blocks that are not displayed after you disable Builder?

Quote Heeeeey ()
I saw a skeleton version of it that I posted a screenshot of on another thread here, and it had two columns on each side and hand more length to put a list of links

Please provide the link to the thread or to the screenshot.

Heeeeey

Message # 9 | 8:28 PM
Please provide the link to the thread or to the screenshot.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=358qh5g&s=5

It is the skeleton of the template I'm using that I see on my cp page.

The blocks I've been trying to add were there before. One was the website poll that is a module and it doesn't appear.

I tried several widgets and gadgets that appear when Builder is on, but don't appear when Builder is off.

Post edited by Heeeeey - Thursday, 2013-10-24, 8:31 PM
Sunny

Message # 10 | 10:40 AM
Heeeeey, that's the sample skeleton (not a skeleton of any particular design), the skeleton of your design looks like this: http://screencast.com/t/6qFM7Ztpkb It is a two-column design.

As for the blocks - just as I described above:
Channels - you have no channels created in the Video module
Categories - there are no categories in Site News
Archive links - there are no entries in Site News

That's why these blocks are not displayed. There is currently no block with a poll. If you deleted it, add it back and we'll check why it is not displayed.

Heeeeey

Message # 11 | 3:33 PM
Quote Sunny ()
Heeeeey, that's the sample skeleton (not a skeleton of any particular design), the skeleton of your design looks like this: http://screencast.com/t/6qFM7Ztpkb It is a two-column design.

Oh, which template is the one I posted? I like that one and might want to use it. If I were to use that one, would there be any way to apply the logo of the one I have now onto that one? I like the coffee cup with the date and time.

Thanks.

Sunny

Message # 12 | 2:30 PM
Quote Heeeeey ()
Oh, which template is the one I posted?

It is just an example, not any actual template. You can look through all available templates in Control Panel -> Settings -> Common settings, and choose a template you like.

Quote Heeeeey ()
If I were to use that one, would there be any way to apply the logo of the one I have now onto that one? I like the coffee cup with the date and time.

It will be possible for any template, but in some templates it will be easier to do than in other.

uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Builder (how to use Builder feature)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: