• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » How to protect site design?
How to protect site design?
Ed05

Message # 1 | 5:04 AM
Im having a problem with some guy who stealing my site design every moment. I dont want to alow him to copy my site design and i dont want to disable right click cause of him. is there any other script wich is useful against these thieft ? You can look similarity betven my (original design) and this other thief site:

my site
Code
http://www.tvistersajt.net/blog

Hes (thief site)
Code
http://internet-cafe.ucoz.com/publ/filmovi_online/1

!
Post edited by Ed05 - Tuesday, 2013-12-17, 5:06 AM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 2 | 5:52 AM
Ed05, you there's no real point in disabling right click as he can still access your source code through the browser. There's unfortunately no way to actually hide your code. Additionally, I can't see the aspects of your design that he has copied.
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Ed05

Message # 3 | 2:54 PM
Paradox, hes copied what he can from blog module, blog full page and its asotieted comments, colors , etc.. Ok . Then i reporting him for unauthorized coping of my hard work angry
!
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 4 | 3:13 PM
Ed05, I'd advise you take a look at the actual copyright laws surrounding design and code before you go like a bull at a gate reporting him for copyright infringement.

There is certainly a little bit of copying that has occurred, however, in my own opinion, I still can't see where there's actually any legal infringement. Either way, to report a site for copyright infringement contact our abuse team here: http://ucoz.com/abuse

Davor24

Message # 5 | 10:17 PM
When you design something you have to have some proof that it's yours design, when someone copy a copy or site who use free scripts from other sites it's not a copyright infringement, he can also report you and how can you prove that you did it when you did not?

Also disable right click has no point and only annoys users + that script block scroll with middle mouse button. All it need is to press CTRL+U to bypass block. smile
Post edited by Davor24 - Tuesday, 2013-12-17, 10:21 PM
Ed05

Message # 6 | 3:21 PM
Ok, aparently there is no way to do something about this problem. Davor24, I was thinking is there some scripts to combine codes automaticly and in that way it will make hard to find and conect html with css. i saw that on some sites.. wink

ps, i reported him angry

!
Post edited by Ed05 - Wednesday, 2013-12-18, 3:22 PM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 7 | 4:24 PM
Ed05, there's not really any codes operable on a uCoz which will do that for HTML/CSS. Server side coding is your only option, but not standard client side of static scripting. It'd take a dynamic engine behind it. The alternative to that would be a JavaScript encryption format but they're complex to install and are prone to not working incredibly well - they are also prone to being determined quite easily.

My site designs generally incorporate large amounts of jQuery, JavaScript, and recently PHP, which are also page specific such as on http://uanswers.net which is how my design is virtually unable to be copied without having access to the separate template files in the CP as well as the PHP server. You could try to copy it out, however, you'd be hard pressed working it all out in under at least a month, if not more. The more complex your conceptual application, coding, and understanding of UI/UX functionality, the more difficult a design/site is to copy.

So that's my advice on the matter. smile Good luck!

Ed05

Message # 8 | 3:42 PM
Paradox, you are right, but a lot of these js,jQery scripts will slow down the site. I found on google that they also making dificulties when google crawl site, google dont like sites with to many scripts and large images. So i will past this step "protecting design" and im working on cleaning up most of unnecessary codes (java,jQery) .
!
Post edited by Ed05 - Tuesday, 2013-12-24, 3:43 PM
Raver

Message # 9 | 7:06 PM
Ed05, it's always "hard" to protect a design. One should focus on making it better, unique and more qualitative. This comes in conjunction with organizing and providing the information in a timely and favorable manner to the end-user through great UX/UI.
If you innovate and dictate the trend in your nice, big or small, remember, you will always be followed and is better than simply following.
Ed05

Message # 10 | 7:15 PM
Yes, im full of inovations on my site. You are right. Its nice to be followed wink
!
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » How to protect site design?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: