• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » text File Is Not changing In Server
text File Is Not changing In Server
NajmatHajar

Message # 1 | 0:16 AM
I am In Need of help, once i have uploaded a robots.txt file which contain
User-agent: *
Disallow: /

by mistake i din knew that ucoz already have it. Now Problem Is That, Its Not Becoming Default By Ucoz and i am in trouble because when i goto webmaster tool in google it still show http://www.almasumeen.ucoz.com/robots.txt and when i search site in google it says that unavailable beacause of robots.txt. I have deleted It from My File Manager. Now What Should I do? or Leave it Ucoz Will Change it
Post edited by NajmatHajar - Saturday, 2014-06-14, 0:30 AM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 2 | 4:27 AM
NajmatHajar, uCoz by default have a 30 day quarantine period for new sites. This quarantine period prevents your site from being indexed unless you pay for a premium package. Once this 30 day period has passed you will be able to upload and implement your own robots.txt file. smile
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Sunny

Message # 3 | 10:22 AM
NajmatHajar, you can also read more info about robots.txt in the following forum thread: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/23-4687-1
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
NajmatHajar

Message # 4 | 0:20 AM
So after 30days of my website will it be indexed automatically and showed in google.. because when i search in google now, please see the link below it displays.

A description for this result is not available because of this site's robots.txt – learn more.

So how this will beome correct now? and is my robots.txt blocking any thing or it is as per ucoz, i have not uploaded any robots.txt in my server.
Sunny

Message # 5 | 11:48 AM
NajmatHajar, after 30 days the robots.txt file on your website will be replaced by the robots.txt that allows indexing of your website by the search engines. The search engines won't find and index your website immediately, it will take some time. To speed up the process, you can submit your website to search engines.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » text File Is Not changing In Server
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: