• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » can't use www , also index.html not automatic run (can't use www , also index.html not automatic run)
can't use www , also index.html not automatic run
Ruben3587

Message # 1 | 9:06 AM
I use "METHOD 3. ATTACH AN EXISTING DOMAIN NAME WITHOUT THE DOMAIN TO UcoZ transferring SERVERS"

And domain settings "Manage DNS Zone Records" with
TTL = 1440
CLASS = IN
TYPE = A
Destination = same as the IP Address that is given by UcoZ

I create a website on my local computer, then copy the entire file into my UcoZ account, including the index.html file

The result:

website can not run in browser by using the following address:
gateprofit.com

also website can not run in browser by using the following address:
www.gateprofit.com/index.html

website can run in the browser using the address:
gateprofit.com/index.html

Please Help
Thank.
Attachments: 8238305.png (6.9 Kb) · 7665618.png (13.5 Kb)
Post edited by Ruben3587 - Sunday, 2014-11-02, 9:08 AM
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 2 | 9:57 AM
Ruben3587, go to Control Panel >> Settings >> Common settings, enable the "The domain www.testnov.biz is a primary one" option, and Save the changes.

hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Ruben3587

Message # 3 | 10:29 AM
The domain www.gateprofit.com is a primary one:
Add the prefix www. to the domain gateprofit.com automatically.

already done setting

But still the result is still the same.
Attachments: 7564757.png (6.2 Kb)
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 4 | 10:49 AM
Ruben3587, go to domain's Control Panel >> DNS-records. You have to set these 2 records:
  • Domain: [leave empty] | TTL: 300 | Class: IN | Destination: 213.174.157.140
  • Domain: WWW | TTL: 300 | Class: IN | Destination: 213.174.157.140

This should work.

hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 5 | 12:58 PM
Ruben3587, please also keep in mind uCoz is not a file host - we provide a service for our users to create their websites on the uCoz platform, not store files. smile
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Ruben3587

Message # 6 | 4:48 PM
thanks for the help.  
after following instructions from bigblog, the site address may use www in front of the domain.

Problems remaining:
Fle index.html not loading automatically when using www.gateprofit.com.

But must use www.gateprofit.com/index.html

How can I make the index.html file automatically run in the browser when using www.gateprofi.comt ?

Thank
Attachments: 2465615.png (36.5 Kb) · 3981356.png (46.7 Kb)
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 7 | 5:23 PM
Ruben3587, go to Control Panel » Design management » Site pages, and paste this code before </body> :

Code
<script type="text/javascript">window.location.href = "http://www.gateprofit.com/index.html";</script>

You must install the Site pages module for first.

By the way, I don't recommend to do things like this, so you may use a content module too (e.g: file catalog, guestbook etc.), or your website will be inactived after 40 days, because a content module doesn't get visits in this period.

icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 8 | 5:24 PM
Ruben3587,

Quote Paradox ()
uCoz is not a file host - we provide a service for our users to create their websites on the uCoz platform, not store files.

Your website will be deleted by the system automatically if you fail to use at least a single uCoz module. wink

As to what you are asking - this is possible through the use of redirection codes in the landing page HTML. There is no server driven method to opening an uploaded index.html file directly via the site URL.

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Sunny

Message # 9 | 1:14 PM
Quote Paradox ()
Your website will be deleted by the system automatically if you fail to use at least a single uCoz module.

Ruben3587, I would like to clarify that the website won't be deleted just because you don't use any of the modules, but if you use only static pages as your website the site visitors are not counted and the website may be disabled for inactivity. uCoz provides all the necessary tools and modules to build a great website. I suggest that you try them wink

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Ruben3587

Message # 10 | 3:57 PM
Thank you all for the help.
Solution to my problem is clear now.
I had to create a web using ucoz module.
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » can't use www , also index.html not automatic run (can't use www , also index.html not automatic run)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: