• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » How to Change Background
How to Change Background
house3members

Message # 1 | 11:43 AM
Yes yes, I know this was asked and answered before, I read that and still don't know how to do it :/

My first line in Style Sheet CCS goes like so:

body {background:url(http://depositfiles.com/files/pnr00qj21);margin:0;padding:0;font-size:13px;font-family:Tahoma,Geneva,sans-serif;color:#cacaca;}

The background of the page is still the one from the template ... Warcraft :D

what am I doing wrong?
Sunny

Message # 2 | 11:59 AM
house3members, you cannot use the link like depositfiles.com/files/pnr00qj21 as it is the link to the page where the file can be downloaded and not to the file itself. You must use a direct link ending in .png, .jpg etc. And it's better to upload the image to the website's File Manager.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
house3members

Message # 3 | 2:38 PM
You are quite right of course!! :)

I managed to do it finally.

Couple more questions though ...

Header (where it says: HOME, FORUM, CONTACT etc.), I have set a background there, but it only shows on the button (page) you click, not on the entire menu.

One more question: I have a domain I want to connect to this site. I followed instructions, but if one enters in that domain, it doesn't open anything whatsoever (ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED)

I went for the 3rd Method of course.

I set the A-record (that IP that it's shown), and it says that it usually takes 6 hours to take effect. I did that yesterday, and it's been FAR more than 6 hours.

If I want to attach the domain now, it says that it give incorrect IP address. My domain is registered with CheapDomains.com

Please, forgive me for my babbling and for probably asking such - in search of a better word - stupid questions. I am completely new at this. I appreciate your reply!

Thank you!

Added (2016-06-18, 12:58 PM)
---------------------------------------------
I should probably specify servers as well? What are servers name though, n1 and n2?

That part is under CustomDNS on my cheapdomain.com site for managing the domain. I clicked 'Advanced DNS' button yesterday, and specified IP address of my website there ... I set 'Type' as 'A-record', and I set 'Value' (which I suppose is the IP address?), don't know what to specify as 'Host' and 'TTL' (TTL is set 'automatic' at the moment).

DNSSEC is on.

There is another line with Type, Host, Value and TTL settings. Under 'Type' it says 'TXT Record' there, under 'Host' it says '@' under value it say something completely random, and TTL is set automatic.

Dynamic DNS is off.

I just set personal DNS server at this very moment, using IP of my site ... I used ns1 and ns2 and gave my website IP in both ... that ok?

Finally, when I click on Domain tab on the cheapdomains.com, managing my domain, Server is set to Namecheap basicDNS ... I can't costumize servers to n1 and n2 ... Do I have to wait, or ... ?

I do understand that big part of this post has nothing whatsoever to do with ucoz, but any help would be much appreciated! Once I am done creating this website, I vow to make specific guidelines for future users and post them here :)

Thank you!!

Added (2016-06-18, 12:59 PM)
One last thing about Redirects, I suppose I should leave that field blank? If someone enters my domain name, I want it to appear in the browser and not just redirect ...

Added (2016-06-18, 1:14 PM)
I'm reading old forum threads ... as for the server, it only shows one, and I ought to have two on my domain site?

Added (2016-06-18, 2:38 PM)
Ok, so I managed to attach that domain to my website, so you can disregard my previous posts. One final question: I somehow managed to upload new background to file manager, and it seems that was jsut dumb luck. How on earth do I specify the path in File Manager to upload things from my computer?

Thank you.

Sunny

Message # 4 | 2:45 PM
Quote house3members ()
How on earth do I specify the path in File Manager to upload things from my computer?

Just click on + and select a file to upload on your computer:

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » How to Change Background
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: