• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Mobile scam and malicious ads on free websites (Mobile scam and malicious ads on free uCoz websites)
Mobile scam and malicious ads on free websites
nitroretro

Message # 1 | 0:11 AM
Hello uCoz Community!

I wanted to ask if you can disable these types of ads that only show for mobile users.

I got this ad with a timer, it also contains a fake cancel button. Clicking anywhere will redirect you to another website, also, sometimes when clicking the X button (at least on my phone) it still does it, but not in Chrome DevTools, so I'm not sure about that.

This is how it looks:

The page it redirects you to is one of those "Congratulations! You won: Smart TV, iPad, iPhone etc.", complete with fake comments (you can't add comments), and every link on the website redirects you to a form in which you need to give all your personal information to apparently receive your Smart TV etc.

Congratulations page screenshot:

The form:

Information about the website that it redirects you and the form:

This is not from a third-party script etc., as I only use Google Fonts.

Video:

Thanks,
Nitroretro
Attachments: 8878014.png (21.1 Kb) · 5509574.png (82.5 Kb) · 8131120.png (42.0 Kb)
Post edited by nitroretro - Wednesday, 2016-10-26, 0:16 AM
Sunny

Message # 2 | 3:07 PM
nitroretro, please provide the address of your website and provide screenshots with the URL visible on them.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
nitroretro

Message # 3 | 3:19 AM
Sunny, thanks for replying!

My website's URL is http://nitroretro.at.ua.

Screenshots (taken straight from my phone):

By the way, this is my entire </head>
Code
<head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, maximum-scale=1.0, minimum-scale=1.0, initial-scale=1" />
    <title>[TITLE]</title>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/styles.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="only screen and (min-width: 801px)" href="/css/large_layout.css" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="only screen and (min-width: 250px) and (max-width: 500px)" href="/css/small_layout.css">
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="only screen and (min-width: 501px) and (max-width: 800px)" href="/css/medium_layout.css">

<!-- Lato and Open Sans (Google Fonts) -->
    <link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Lato|Open+Sans:300" rel="stylesheet">

<link id="theme" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/themes/default.css" />

<!-- html5shiv for older browsers -->
    <!--[if lt IE 9]>
  <script src="https://oss.maxcdn.com/libs/html5shiv/3.7.0/html5shiv.js"></script>
    <![endif]-->
</head>

Edit:
I noticed there is another advertisement type that appears only on mobile phones that simply redirects you, without even clicking something, to sites like "Your (phone name) is in danger!" etc., which are more rare. Also pressing the back button on those ads don't even bring you back to your website sad

Added (2016-11-01, 3:19 AM)
---------------------------------------------
No response?

Attachments: 4489195.png (209.6 Kb) · 4909907.png (107.6 Kb) · 6695079.png (490.3 Kb) · 5012454.png (396.3 Kb)
Post edited by nitroretro - Thursday, 2016-10-27, 10:38 PM
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 4 | 9:57 PM
nitroretro, we have forwarded the information to our management team.
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
nitroretro

Message # 5 | 6:07 PM
bigblog, thank you for informing me.
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Mobile scam and malicious ads on free websites (Mobile scam and malicious ads on free uCoz websites)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: