• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Add new entry (Help me please)
Add new entry
lannooconnor

Message # 1 | 3:07 PM
Hey all!

I'm rather new to this community but I love the way I can make a website. However I made a slight mistake.

At the home page of my website there was a button 'add new entry'. When I pushed that one, it was possible to add something on a specific date (on the calendar). Unfortunately I deleted this and I have no idea how to get it back .. Does anyone know the code or something to help me out ?

It would mean a lot to me smile

Hoping for all your kind replies and help smile

Kind regards,

Connor
Post edited by lannooconnor - Monday, 2017-02-27, 3:07 PM
SanTLee

Message # 2 | 4:22 PM
Unfortunately there's no way to get it back cry ,but re-enter it again cool ,
<?if(you_have)?> a <head>and<?if(you_have)?> a <body> you have to have
<div id="idea" class="extreme" > to be inventive </div><?endif?><?endif?>
lannooconnor

Message # 3 | 4:59 PM
Quote SanTLee ()
Unfortunately there's no way to get it back ,but re-enter it again ,

Any idea how to re-enter it ? That's my question ^^ Xd
animaria2003

Message # 4 | 5:01 PM
As @SanTLee said, there is no way to get it back. Even looking at the code. It's deleted from you website's database. If you wanted to look at your Home Page's template coding, or page coding (1) Go to yourwebsite.domain/admin and type in you password. (2)Go to page editor on the top left menu. (3) Then click:
(a) Page Management. Page Management will take you to you pages you have created; click Edit Information and you will be redirected to a new page with you page's content. Click HTML Editor on that page.(this is to view and edit the coding you used to make the page)
(b) Module Design Customization. Module Design Customization will allow you to view and edit the template for your Page Modules; Only use this if you are skilled in HTML, if you do accidentally edit the page in a acceptable way, but don't like it, just click Restore Default Template in the top right corner. Thanks for reading my confusing article.
Attachments: 1373079.png (9.9 Kb) · 8699535.jpg (135.8 Kb) · 6040754.jpg (93.5 Kb) · 4858083.jpg (113.2 Kb) · 9854548.jpg (85.5 Kb) · 1905423.jpg (55.8 Kb)
lannooconnor

Message # 5 | 5:12 PM
Quote animaria2003 ()
As @SanTLee said, there is no way to get it back. Even looking at the code. It's deleted from you website's database. If you wanted to look at your Home Page's template coding, or page coding (1) Go to yourwebsite.domain/admin and type in you password. (2)Go to page editor on the top left menu. (3) Then click:
(a) Page Management. Page Management will take you to you pages you have created; click Edit Information and you will be redirected to a new page with you page's content. Click HTML Editor on that page.(this is to view and edit the coding you used to make the page)
(b) Module Design Customization. Module Design Customization will allow you to view and edit the template for your Page Modules; Only use this if you are skilled in HTML, if you do accidentally edit the page in a acceptable way, but don't like it, just click Restore Default Template in the top right corner. Thanks for reading my confusing article.

Thank you very much for your confusing article wink I liked it though and it helped me out smile
It's back now, because of your help smile
Thank you so much! biggrin
animaria2003

Message # 6 | 5:17 PM
Thanks a lot for saying that! You are very welcome. Please tell me how you got it back, I actually didn't think it could be recovered.
Regards,
Blitz
SanTLee

Message # 7 | 5:51 PM
Quote lannooconnor ()
Any idea how to re-enter it ? That's my question ^^ Xd

Sorry for misunderstanding. I thought you meant data not the link itself.

To rewrite the link, You need to add this code on main page "content":

Code
<?if($ADD_ENTRY_LINK$)?><div style="text-align:right;padding-bottom:3px;">[ <a href="$ADD_ENTRY_LINK$">Add Entry</a> ]</div>
<br><?endif?>

more detail see
http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/42-20957-1

<?if(you_have)?> a <head>and<?if(you_have)?> a <body> you have to have
<div id="idea" class="extreme" > to be inventive </div><?endif?><?endif?>
lannooconnor

Message # 8 | 6:19 PM
I did as you said , as described in the first step. Step (a) smile I did everything that was described in there.

Added (2017-02-27, 6:19 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Right, I'm back again xD I just had my first subscriber on the website, although I'm not getting any confirmation or notification. Is there a way to get an email when someone new subscribes ? wacko

animaria2003

Message # 9 | 5:08 AM
Quote lannooconnor ()
Right, I'm back again xD I just had my first subscriber on the website, although I'm not getting any confirmation or notification. Is there a way to get an email when someone new subscribes ?

Will you please share with me the link of your website?
lannooconnor

Message # 10 | 3:26 PM
http://ygwaedaanwyd.ucoz.co.uk/

Added (2017-03-01, 3:26 PM)
---------------------------------------------

Quote animaria2003 ()
Will you please share with me the link of your website?

Don't mind the link though .. For one reason or another I can't seem to load my website .. Nothing works :s It's like it doesn't exist :s
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » Add new entry (Help me please)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: