• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » TWO DNS FOR ONE DOMAIN
TWO DNS FOR ONE DOMAIN
Staryte

Message # 1 | 4:55 AM
I hope you are all doing well,
I have one thing in my mind which disturbs me a lot for more than a week now. I have domain name from a certain Domain name Registrar, I attached it to my uCoz website and successfully worked to date, but after a while I decided to purchase Email Hosting from the same hosting where I purchased my Domain, the aim is to get my own email accounts with my domain such as admin@staryte.com , info@staryte.com , but it seems not to function unless I change the DNS in Control Panel to theirs, I can't do that because currently I use the uCoz DNS and I am afraid if I change them the website will no longer work with this Domain, is it possible to add both DNS of ucoz and that of the Email hosting so that both my domain attached to uCoz and my Email Accounts function? if possible how?

My website address is http://www.staryte.com

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by Staryte - Tuesday, 2017-06-27, 4:55 AM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 2 | 5:19 AM
Staryte, you need to transfer the DNS to your email host, then use Method 3 to attach the domain to your uCoz website. You'll need to point the domain name to the uCoz server as set out in the Control Panel of your website within the domain zone settings in your email host control panel.
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Staryte

Message # 3 | 6:51 AM
Paradox, Thanks for your reply, i did everything since last year and my site runs with my domain without any problem but the core problem is my Email Accounts to function, right now i can send messages to anyone but can not receive.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 4 | 6:56 AM
Staryte, are you using Method 3? Else wise, that sounds like an issue with the zone settings for your email, any server can send an email without configured zone settings, however, they can't receive.

I'd contact the technical support department of your email host and ask them if there's anything that needs fixing in the zone settings. If you can explain you need the website domain forwarded to the uCoz server IP, they should be able to do it for you.

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » TWO DNS FOR ONE DOMAIN
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: