• Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » How to create a website with uCoz.com (register site, problems with registration)
How to create a website with uCoz.com
Sunny

Message # 1 | 10:32 AM
HOW TO CREATE A WEBSITE WITH UCOZ

1. To sign up to uCoz click Create a website under uCoz on its home page. Note: JavaScript must be enabled in your browser, otherwise the registration form might not work.

2. First of all you need to enter your e-mail. It must be a working email which you will need to confirm and which will be used as your uID account username. In case of error you will see a warning – red X with an explanation.

Then you should enter a password. It can contain only Latin letters, digits, a hyphen and an underscore. It is also desirable to choose a password that is impossible to guess, e.g. kDi3p9S. Minimum password length is 6 characters, maximum – 15 characters. Password is case sensitive, which means that the passwords "Password6" and "password6" will be considered to be different. If the password meets the requirements you will see a green checkmark, otherwise a red X will mean an error. Click Continue.

Note: Below the fields you can see the Quick sign up button - quick sign up is possible via Facebook, Google and Twitter. If you click the button, the data from your social profile will be copied to the corresponding fields and it will save you some time.

3. Fill in the remaining fields: your full name, nickname, date of birth, location. Remember that personal information is never disclosed except as required by the applicable law.
Type in the security code (if it is not clear enough, click the image and it will change to a new one). And the last step – read and agree to the uID Terms of Use. Click Sign Up.

4. The registration has been completed and now you must confirm your e-mail address.

Log in to your e-mail account, open the message from uID and click the confirmation link.

5. After you have confirmed your e-mail address, you can confirm your phone number, as well. It's not an obligatory step, but you will need to confirm it if you want to create more than 3 sites. If you want to confirm your phone number, select your region and type in your phone number (the prefix is added automatically). Otherwise, just click on Skip for now.

6. You need to set the secret question and the answer to it (you must remember them, it is important!), and the password that will be used by you to log in to the Control Panel of your future website(s). Then click Start website building.

7. And now it's time to choose an address for your website. Enter a name of your new website and select a domain. Type in the security code, read and agree to the uCoz Terms of Use. Click Create a website!

8. The website with the chosen address has been created and is immediately available online. But you need to finish its initial configuration. Click on its name to do this, if you're not redirected to the Control panel automatically.

Log in to the Control Panel: enter the password you've set in Step 6 and type in the security code. Click Login.

Enter a name (title) for your website, select one of the available designs and languages for your website. Click Continue.

Next step – select the modules you will need for your website. You will be able to install/uninstall any of them at any time. Click Continue.

That's all. Now you are in the Control Panel of your website and can customize the website as you like. The welcome page will help you in the beginning.

The website itself is available on the Internet by the address you have chosen immediately after registration.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Zachrey

Message # 31 | 6:08 AM
Help! I cannot get past step 5. The URL for step 5 is:
http://www.ucoz.com/createsite

I entered secret question and answer and got green check mark next to them. When I click on "Start Website Building" button, it whirs a little and reloads the exact same page:
http://www.ucoz.com/createsite

No errors, no highlighted boxes. No words in red color indicating a problem.

I am using Win7 and Google Chrome Browser with 3rd party cookies blocked, but I am allowing ucoz.com and mc.yandex.ru to set cookies.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
Zac
Sunny

Message # 32 | 12:08 PM
Zachrey, try to use another browser. And you can also finish the registration process and create websites in your Webtop at http://uid.me/ (use your registration e-mail and password to log in.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
reinadeoz

Message # 33 | 4:57 PM
Thank you very much for the information. It´s very useful by me
Eagledude

Message # 34 | 11:36 AM
I can't find any "builder" in my page
Do you know how to change the name of "My Site" ?
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 35 | 7:10 AM
Eagledude, open Users > User groups > Set permissions for all groups and make sure 'Edit site design' is checked for your Administrator group. smile
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
ecoparkvinhtanlong

Message # 36 | 10:38 AM
Cảm ơn bài viết. tôi đang loay hoay với cách tạo trang web / blog của mình.
wilsonjacob4545

Message # 37 | 11:16 AM
See,
There are numerous best web hosting providers available on the internet.
You are looking for a web hosting provider for your eCommerce store then you should be very careful because all your future online presence and business fully depends on which type of hosting services they provide.
So, while choosing the web hosting provider for your eCommerce site or online store, I think should keep some points in your mind, like it should reliable, it has a 24/7 technical support team, should able to solve all the issues, no downtime, etc. VPS and cloud hosting is always the best options to host an eCommerce website.
I hope this will help you to find a reliable web hosting provider that fulfills all your requirements.

For more information please visit- https://www.eukhost.com
ecoparkvinhtanlong

Message # 38 | 12:05 PM
Cảm ơn bài viết của bạn. Mình là thành viên mới nên rất quan tâm đến chủ đề này biggrin
uCoz Community » General Information » First Steps with uCoz » How to create a website with uCoz.com (register site, problems with registration)
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search: