• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » General Information » Paid Services » Domain Name and Paid Service Expire
Domain Name and Paid Service Expire
Sedna

Message # 1 | 9:55 AM
I mainly use webs.com and had been recently switch to ucoz, so Im sorry about all the questions

1) I paid for 1 year service and I got a domain along with it, when it expire and I dont renew it what will happen? will it change back to so-and-so.ucoz.com ? What if people know my site as mysite.com and not so-and-so.ucoz.com , if the one year thing is up and the log onto mysite.com will it re-direct them to .ucoz.net?

2) how do I extend the service of 1 year payment? please include visual image
Sunny

Message # 2 | 1:25 PM
Sedna, don't be sorry for your questions, that why this forum exists - for users to ask questions smile

1. If you don't renew the domain, your website won't be accessible by the attached domain name. Unfortunately there is no automatic redirection from the attached domain to the standard one. Therefore if users know only the mysite.com you will need to tell them your so-and-so.ucoz.com domain. But that's if you don't want to renew the domain. If you don't want to lose the users, you will be able to renew the attached domain.

2. You just make a new payment for the necessary period, the same way you've done it the first time. Please note that a free domain if given only once per website, therefore a new payment for 1 year or more will not include a free domain.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
skipr

Message # 3 | 1:08 PM
I have my domain name registered with Jumpline.com and registration expires in less then a month. I was trying to pay for renewal and I am failing - once I login, if I try to do anything, I am getting error 'Login expired'. I am unable even to open a problem ticket there. Jumpline appears to be a terrible company to deal with. This domain name is very important to me and I am afraid to loose it. I am wondering, if there is a way to transfer the domain registration to uCoz or renew it bypassing Jumpline?
Sedna

Message # 4 | 8:57 PM
um, Hi me again. my site domain expire at the end of december and I had prolong my service

This is what my site look like

This is what people see when they log in with the domain name I purchase

Sorry about being impatient, but how long is it gonna take? should I renew it months before it expire? cry
Sunny

Message # 5 | 5:53 PM
skipr, I'm afraid it is not possible. Domain transfer is possible, but via your current domain control panel.

Sedna, your domain has expired. As far as I can see you got it as a gift after 1-year payment. I'm afraid you get a free domain only once, with the first payment. You now need to renew the domain separately, through https://domain.ucoz.com

Sedna

Message # 6 | 10:24 AM
ty i went to the site u give me but it say my domain is not available for purchase cry
Sunny

Message # 7 | 10:29 AM
Sedna, it's not available for purchase because it is already purchased by you. You need to log in to the website, and submit an order for domain renewal via your account.
Sedna

Message # 8 | 10:57 PM
do you mean I have to log into domain.ucoz.com or mysite.ucoz.com/admin
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 9 | 1:54 AM
Quote (Sedna)
domain.ucoz.com

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
uCoz Community » General Information » Paid Services » Domain Name and Paid Service Expire
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: