uCoz Community » General Information » Paid Services » Help With SSL
Help With SSL
Cyberdasm

Message # 16 | 10:27 AM
Quote bigblog ()
IMB4, unfortunately, Let's Encrypt can't be used on uCoz websites at the moment.

IMB4, Bigblog already answered you in this thread.

1F4BF3B
IMB4

Message # 17 | 1:28 PM
Then how to get a free SSL? smile
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 18 | 11:34 AM
IMB4, although I've never tested it myself on a uCoz website, I would recommend using Cloudflare if you have a custom domain attached to your website. Cloudflare, besides providing free SSL that doesn't require installation, also provides DDoS protection and much more. All you will have to do is to move your domain name to Cloudflare's servers, which means that all DNS records will be edited in Cloudflare's Dashboard, not at your domain name provider's or uCoz's end.

I might make a tutorial about this soon-ish (that is, if this solution really works).

hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
fadly

Message # 19 | 5:28 PM
Quote bigblog ()
IMB4, although I've never tested it myself on a uCoz website, I would recommend using Cloudflare if you have a custom domain attached to your website. Cloudflare, besides providing free SSL that doesn't require installation, also provides DDoS protection and much more. All you will have to do is to move your domain name to Cloudflare's servers, which means that all DNS records will be edited in Cloudflare's Dashboard, not at your domain name provider's or uCoz's end.

I might make a tutorial about this soon-ish (that is, if this solution really works).

using the cloudflare in allow on ucoz.. if allow i want use SSL to my all domain? biggrin

joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 20 | 7:09 AM
fadly, do you think I would have suggested using Cloudflare if it wasn't allowed?
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
fadly

Message # 21 | 12:45 PM
Quote bigblog ()
fadly, do you think I would have suggested using Cloudflare if it wasn't allowed?

Why should we be paid using ssl from ucoz if we can use the cloudflare, what's the difference paid from ucoz ssl?

Cyberdasm

Message # 22 | 1:10 AM
IMB4, I got a response from sslforfree.

The other one is negative I'm still processing it. I'm hoping that it would be possible so that many of uCoz users especially students would benefited from it. Kindly open the spoiler as you can see the ttl is very high, in order to achieve our ambition then we must patiently waiting for it. Its almost 4 hours, 14399 the ttl of uCoz. I think there is a chance that we could get ssl from sslforfree.

Added (2017-05-01, 1:10 AM)
---------------------------------------------
fadly, In your case its different since that is about changing the nameserver. I don't know how exactly it works but so far I only used cloudflare once then I encountered an error just like yours after that I deleted my website in cloudflare. Since the advice of sunny was practical at that time.

Imb4, I already know where I got a mistake. There was a keyword that I forgot to put. I'm hoping, tomorrow that I could get result.
Attachments: 5014062.png (24.7 Kb)

1F4BF3B
Post edited by Cyberdasm - Monday, 2017-05-01, 1:12 AM
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 23 | 9:55 AM
fadly, first of all, uCoz provides free SSL for the following subdomains: *.ucoz.ru, *.ucoz.com, *.ucoz.net, *.at.ua and *.3dn.ru. There is no such thing as paid SSL.

Second of all, even if uCoz had an option for paid SSL for its subdomains, Cloudflare would always allow using their SSL for domain names only, not subdomains. Besides this, Cloudflare's free SSL isn't supported by older browsers.

That, or I misunderstood your question.

Cyberdasm, when you use Cloudflare, all DNS settings are migrated from your original domain name provider to Cloudflare, so all the edits need to be made on Cloudflare. What I think was a problem in your case is that you haven't migrated your DNS records to Cloudflare after you added your website and it became unavailable after a while.

Once again, for free SSL in uCoz, Cloudflare is still the best option. Let's Encrypt doesn't work in uCoz.

icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Cyberdasm

Message # 24 | 6:42 AM
Quote bigblog ()
Cyberdasm, when you use Cloudflare, all DNS settings are migrated from your original domain name provider to Cloudflare, so all the edits need to be made on Cloudflare. What I think was a problem in your case is that you haven't migrated your DNS records to Cloudflare after you added your website and it became unavailable after a while.

bigblog, what do you mean migrate the DNS in my own understanding the dns of my website is in ucoz control panel. Or I'm wrong?

1F4BF3B
Cyberdasm

Message # 25 | 10:24 AM
fadly, IMB4, here it is ahahahhhah lol I dont know how to install it yet with the uCoz system.
Check the spoiler.

Added (2017-05-02, 10:14 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Am I the first One who receive an ssl for free? Just asking if somebody here already have free ssl hosted in uCoz. YAHOOO.... biggrin :D biggrin :D biggrin :D biggrin :D biggrin :D biggrin :D biggrin I made a history.

Quote bigblog ()
Once again, for free SSL in uCoz, Cloudflare is still the best option. Let's Encrypt doesn't work in uCoz.

bigblog, Sir I have now a free ssl. But I need a help since the google browser would say my site is unsafe.
Maybe I need technical support in this matter.
Attachments: 6177021.png (46.0 Kb)

1F4BF3B
Post edited by Cyberdasm - Tuesday, 2017-05-02, 10:31 AM
Cyberdasm

Message # 26 | 10:27 AM
A thousand smile for this...
Attachments: 4893757.png (53.4 Kb)

1F4BF3B
IMB4

Message # 27 | 3:10 PM
Cyberdasm WELL DONE. I thought it was possible but i'm not good doing things like this xD

Can u made a "tutorial list" to let people know how to do it :)? 1... 2....? Thanks biggrin

One question: With SSL website download equal? or slower? and if u reach max SSL petitions ur web stop working or continues without "SSL"?

Thanks wink
Cyberdasm

Message # 28 | 10:35 AM
IMB4, it's the same load actually... for I don't know if it would be downgrade by some other browsers since I usually use the chrome browser. And I will also do a research in it.

Quote IMB4 ()
Can u made a "tutorial list" to let people know how to do it :)? 1... 2....? Thanks

Yes I will post it soon. After my final exam.

1F4BF3B
Post edited by Cyberdasm - Saturday, 2017-05-06, 10:36 AM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 29 | 2:20 PM
Cyberdasm, IMB4, SSL does slow down your page load speed. The transport layer requires encryption/decryption at each end which adds load time. Depending on the content, server specs, and network topology this can be all of 0.1-0.5 of a second, to 1-2 seconds extra.
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Cyberdasm

Message # 30 | 11:02 PM
Paradox, thank you sir for your clear answer.
1F4BF3B
uCoz Community » General Information » Paid Services » Help With SSL
Search: