uCoz Community » General Information » Official Contests from uCoz » Contest for Best uID.me Profiles!
Contest for Best uID.me Profiles!
Sunny

Message # 1 | 2:39 PM

On December 5 we announced the release of the new uID.me profiles. We've decided to mark the launch with a new contest, and today we are glad to announce it - the contest for Best uID.me Profiles!
Anyone can participate in the contest: from site administrators to ordinary users. And you don't need to have any special skills!

To become a participant, follow three simple steps:

1. Sign up to http://uid.me/ ;
2. Customize your profile: add the info about yourself and connect social networks;
3. Apply for the contest at http://win.uid.me/ .

Nominations

I. Best uID.me Page

Winners will be selected based on subjective ideas of the jury about beauty and quality. A page must not only be beautiful, but also meaningful, it must have some practical sense. A well-designed page, created without any clear purpose, won't be able to get a prize in this category.

II. Users Choice Award

Pages that will get the maximum number of votes via social buttons during the voting period will win this nomination. No cheating! All cheating attempts will be suppressed.

III. Most Popular Page

This is a very objective nomination. Here the page that gets the greatest number of visits during the contest period will win. We'll make sure the visitors are real people and not bots.

In the main category of this nomination the prize will go to the page with the maximum traffic for the whole period of its existence. Therefore, the earlier you create a page, the more chances you have. Another prize will be given to the page that will have the maximum average daily traffic for the period from February 12 till February 20.

Besides, this nomination has two subcategories:
  • the page with the maximum traffic from social media;
  • the page with the maximum traffic from search engines.

We don't know how an ordinary page can get high search engine traffic (if you are not a celebrity), but maybe you are famous and your name is a top search result in Google. Or maybe you have a namesake among famous people smile Then you have good chances!
Another incredible peculiarity of this category is that a person can win the prize knowing nothing about the contest! Though, of course, it's a doubtful option and we believe that only those who aspire will win.

IV. Most Creative Page

That's where you should unleash your imagination! Applicability of such work might be questionable, but the most creative page will definitely be awarded with a separate prize.

V. Best Business Page

Though uID was mainly intended for the creation of personal pages, if you are a lawyer or a piano tuner, why not use your page as the main online presentation of yourself and your services?

Such business pages are given a separate contest category and a separate prize.

VI. Quick Start

UPD: Unfortunately we haven't received enough works to be able to choose a winner in this category. Don't worry, your works will participate in the contest further. We still have 5 more nominations :)

Attention! At the moment of entering the contest a screenshot of your page will be made. This very appearance of your profile will participate in the contest. All further changes and modifications won't be taken into account!

To apply for the contest, go to http://win.uid.me/.

Dates of the Contest

When deciding on the dates, we considered two facts:
  • the project has just been launched, and some of you may come across bugs when creating a super cool profile;
  • Christmas and New Year holidays are ahead, and they may also cause some delay.

Therefore, we are accepting applications till February 10, 2014. The 10th of February is the last day when you can submit your contest work.
On February 12 we will publish the list of submitted contest works.
From February 12 till February 20 we'll have:
  • voting for Users Choice Award;
  • selection and distribution of the prizes by the contest jury.

And on February 24 we will present the final results.

We wish you luck in the contest!

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 16 | 12:00 PM
YamiTatsuro, the competition is already active. smile It closes on the 17th January. smile
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Eriko
Pokémon Master

Message # 17 | 1:35 PM
Another question. Will they use the image that we passed for the entry? Or will they view the page and base their judging there? Because centering the wallpaper is not working, hence my entry's looks varies depending on the screen's resolution.
Sunny

Message # 18 | 1:47 PM
YamiTatsuro, of course the jury will look at the page smile They will evaluate your page, not the screenshot.
Eriko
Pokémon Master

Message # 19 | 2:04 PM
Sunny, If that's the case, the center option of the wallpaper is not working. cry I need it before the jury starts reviewing entries. :<
Post edited by YamiTatsuro - Monday, 2013-12-23, 2:15 PM
Sunny

Message # 20 | 3:30 PM
YamiTatsuro, send me the link to your profile via PM.
Sunny

Message # 21 | 3:31 PM
Unfortunately we haven't received enough works to be able to choose a winner in the Quick Start category. Don't worry, your works will participate in the contest further. We still have 5 more nominations :)

Davor24

Message # 22 | 3:49 PM
That's disappointing, can they just extend the deadline 2-4 days for application? Somehow it makes no sense to remove entire category because they haven't get expected response from users. Nothing guarantees that it will be enough applications for other categories, what then. smile

We have no need to hurry and we could devote more attention to creating a profile. smile
Post edited by Davor24 - Monday, 2013-12-23, 3:56 PM
Eriko
Pokémon Master

Message # 23 | 7:07 AM
I agree with Davor. Or if what he's saying is impossible, why not create another category? So we have more chances of winning. xD
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 24 | 8:04 AM
YamiTatsuro, there are 5 additional categories you guys can participate in. There's still chances for everyone to get prizes. smile Good luck!
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
TasEsmuEs

Message # 25 | 11:54 AM
I'm sorry, but how can I take part in this thing, if it always gives me server error, when I try to open uid.me ?
Thats not the first time. I think I'm getting this rainbow-eating t-rex for months. sad

Attachments: 2987148.png (55.4 Kb)
Post edited by TasEsmuEs - Tuesday, 2013-12-24, 11:54 AM
Sunny

Message # 26 | 12:35 PM
TasEsmuEs, the website is accessible on the Internet. Could you please run a traceroute ( http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/30-2310-1 ) if you still cannot access it?
TasEsmuEs

Message # 27 | 1:38 PM
Sunny, Hmm, It's working from FireFox, but not working from Chrome. Interesting.
Sunny

Message # 28 | 1:43 PM
TasEsmuEs, it works in Chrome. The problem must be in your Chrome settings.
PixelKhaos

Message # 29 | 5:45 PM
If I were to send in my entry, but change it before the closing of the competition, would it still be judged on the current/updated look?
I haven't sent my submission yet due to christmas and needing a new drawing tablet (to draw the background).

Proud uCoz user since 2006
Freelance designer - http://pixelkhaos.com
PixelKhaos on twitter - @PixelKhaos

I can help you develop your site for a small fee.
Sunny

Message # 30 | 11:38 AM
PixelKhaos, the appearance that you submit will be judged. All further changes won't be taken into account.
Quote Sunny ()
Attention! At the moment of entering the contest a screenshot of your page will be made. This very appearance of your profile will participate in the contest. All further changes and modifications won't be taken into account!

uCoz Community » General Information » Official Contests from uCoz » Contest for Best uID.me Profiles!
Search: