Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Everything about design 785 goes here
Everything about design 785 goes here
Natashko

Message # 76 | 11:50 AM
Natashko,
Quote (Hope)
You don't understand my question.

Do explain
Quote (Hope)
Yes, I allow users to select multi categories. It doesn't conflict with my question.

I am glad you know better.
Hope

Message # 77 | 12:30 PM
My question still haven't solved.

Not all the entries under the section are displayed on the section page!
Natashko

Message # 78 | 12:46 PM
Hope,
Quote (Hope)
My question still haven't solved.
Not all the entries under the section are displayed on the section page!

Most probably it is because you haven't applied our suggestion yet. Disable this option: “Enable capability for an entry to belong to several categories at a time” in Module settings of your File Catalog and re-save the entries.
Hope

Message # 79 | 1:11 PM
“Enable capability for an entry to belong to several categories at a time” This is what I want. If I disabled this function, the users won't be able to enter the entries to several categories.

The categories is under the section. So, in the Section page, all the entries under this section should show up no matter the entries belong to how many categories. Do you understand what I mean?
Natashko

Message # 80 | 2:07 PM
Hope,
Quote (Hope)
If I disabled this function, the users won't be able to enter the entries to several categories.

Exactly. This is what I have said. If you disable this option, you achieve the estimated results, but your entries will not belong to several categories any more!!
Quote (Hope)
The categories is under the section. So, in the Section page, all the entries under this section should show up no matter the entries belong to how many categories. Do you understand what I mean?

I surely do. But the way you image the system should work does not reflect its real functioning.
Your entries are added to several sections and categories within them. In this case entries are displayed only in one of the sections by default, as the feature you have enabled works for categories only.
Hope

Message # 81 | 4:31 PM
In this case entries are displayed only in one of the sections by default

This is a bug actually. Since there is a function of multi-categories, the entries should be able to show up in the selected categories and sections!
Natashko

Message # 82 | 10:10 AM
Hope,
Quote (Hope)
Since there is a function of multi-categories, the entries should be able to show up in the selected categories and sections!

should've would've could've...
Quote (Hope)
This is a bug actually.

This is the way the system works actually. I have suggested a way out. The rest is up to you.
Hope

Message # 83 | 10:31 AM
Your suggestion is not a solution! Without the multi-category function, no use.

If your team cannot solve this problem, how to make the categories appear on the section page?
Natashko

Message # 84 | 10:53 AM
Hope,
Quote (Hope)
how to make the categories appear on the section page?

If the entries belong to several categories within different sections, they will be displayed only in one of the sections by default.
Hope

Message # 85 | 12:03 PM
I mean how to make the category links (names) appear on each section page instead of appearing on side bar only!
Natashko

Message # 86 | 12:50 PM
Hope,
Quote (Hope)
I mean how to make the category links (names) appear on each section page instead of appearing on side bar only!

If you do not want the categories block to be displayed in File Catalog - enable Builder->block with categories->block content management->Access->Display in the modules->uncheck File Catalog->Save.
For categories to be displayed at the section page go to CP->Design->Design management (templates)->embed code $CATEGORIES$ in File catalog main page, Page with section contents, Page with category contents templates.
Hope

Message # 87 | 3:42 AM
Can you please add the page no. for going to next page? I just can't find any on this page: http://www.talentg.ucoz.com/board
Post edited by Hope - Friday, 2011-10-28, 10:00 AM
redhead

Message # 88 | 10:08 AM
Hope,
Quote (Hope)
Can you please add the page no. for going to next page?
This link might be helpful: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/10-13835-79679-16-1310560340
Iorga805S

Message # 89 | 2:30 PM
sorry if anyone asked before me of the problem. when i am on the main page, the block menu is on the left side, and when i click for example on site information or other page, the menu block appear on the right. what can i do?
Sunny

Message # 90 | 3:01 PM
Iorga805S, provide the website URL.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Everything about design 785 goes here
Search: