• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Ad on responsive mobile design (mobiads)
Ad on responsive mobile design
NormalX

Message # 1 | 4:02 AM
why is their ads by "mobiads.ru" on my mobile responsive webpage, is it by ucoz or something else
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 2 | 5:07 AM
NormalX, please provide a site URL. Is this a custom template or a default uCoz template?
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Sunny

Message # 3 | 3:49 PM
NormalX, provide also a screenshot of the ads.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
NormalX

Message # 4 | 4:38 PM
Original Domain - www.nexlex.ucoz.net

Attached Domain - www.bookspot.tk

Screenshots are below, taken from an iPad

[original domain]

Added (2014-02-24, 10:27 AM)
---------------------------------------------
These ads only appear on mobile devices (I tested with my iPad, Galaxy Tab 2, and Galaxy S3)

Added (2014-02-24, 10:38 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Also it is uCoz default responsive design, not a custom design

Attachments: 8161113.jpg (121.6 Kb) · 6717560.jpg (122.7 Kb) · 6073393.jpg (113.2 Kb) · 4394368.jpg (98.8 Kb)
Post edited by NormalX - Monday, 2014-02-24, 4:24 PM
Sunny

Message # 5 | 4:56 PM
NormalX, those are uCoz ads. Can be removed together with the ad banner in full website version after payment.
NormalX

Message # 6 | 6:03 PM
These ads just kills my website reputation, it is understandable that ucoz advertise their name, but not some other ads. Not only that these ads host are contained with malware and other junk...

Here is the rep - https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/mobiads.ru?utm_source=addon&utm_content=rw-viewsc
PixelKhaos

Message # 7 | 0:00 AM
I can confirm that a lot of the ads on uCoz bigger banners I've been seeing on some sites, area loaded to the top with spyware and adware. My antivirus screams as soons as some pops up or I click one.

NormalX, if you are afraid that the ads will lower the reputation of your site, I suggest you pay for the ad removal.
Any webhost would have ads to power free sites, if not, they'd have very strict limits on the features, bandwidth etc.
And the premium packages aren't that expensive, so you'd be able to remove ads, and find other ways to fund the site further.

Proud uCoz user since 2006
Freelance designer - http://pixelkhaos.com
PixelKhaos on twitter - @PixelKhaos

I can help you develop your site for a small fee.
Sunny

Message # 8 | 12:10 PM
NormalX, PixelKhaos, if you come across malicious ads, please provide screenshots and the links that those ads lead to.
NormalX

Message # 9 | 3:54 PM
Sunny, I provided the reputation page for "mobiads.com" (the hoster of ads on sites)

Here it is again - https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/mobiads.ru?utm_source=addon&utm_content=rw-viewsc
Whisper

Message # 10 | 4:59 PM
NormalX, based on 4 reviews ?
That's not relevant dry
NormalX

Message # 11 | 0:06 AM
Whisper, That's just reviews, there is also rating, and if the ratings are week (less WOT member) this site tells you that ratings are not strong enough...anyway whatever...
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 12 | 3:21 AM
Quote Sunny ()
NormalX, PixelKhaos, if you come across malicious ads, please provide screenshots and the links that those ads lead to.

NormalX, WOT is simply an advisory, if you come across malicious ads please do as Sunny has mentioned. smile

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Ad on responsive mobile design (mobiads)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: