• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » "Dexter" template small problem(s) (Something minor but should need a fix :))
"Dexter" template small problem(s)
showstopper

Message # 1 | 4:46 AM
Hi guys, sorry if this is the wrong section for this post.

But, I'm trying to use the Dexter design (http://ucoztemplates.com/shop/40/desc/dexter) from uCozTemplates.com for setting up my new game site, and I'm having a slight issue.

As you can see in this image.

http://i.imgur.com/F937TAc.jpg

That happens on my forum page, when someone either tries to make a new thread/topic, or when someone tries to reply.

If you try and help me fix this, you might need to explain it to me like I'm a first-grader. I'm not the best behind this stuff, though I do try.

If you need to see the forum for yourself, go to my website (you probably need to sign in with uID), but don't bother to if the picture above made sense. You can if you want, but you don't have to. smile

And the second problem, nevermind!!

Thanks in advance for any help you provide me with!
Post edited by showstopper - Tuesday, 2014-07-15, 3:05 AM
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 2 | 11:27 AM
showstopper, the message form are working if you are using BB-code mode. I think, the template was created, when uCoz doesn't have the visual editor.

You can use this CSS code, but if you are using this, the BB code mode will stop working:

Code
.wysibb-body {background: #333;color: #fff;-webkit-box-shadow: inset 0 0 15px 2px #000;box-shadow: inset 0 0 15px 2px #000;border-radius: 5px;padding: 15px;}
table.uttt {display: none;}

If you can, you should delete all height (height="12") property of the table rows/columns starting from the table with uttt class. But just if you want to use BB code mode too.

hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
showstopper

Message # 3 | 8:50 PM
Quote bigblog ()
showstopper, the message form are working if you are using BB-code mode. I think, the template was created, when uCoz doesn't have the visual editor.

You can use this CSS code, but if you are using this, the BB code mode will stop working:

.wysibb-body {background: #333;color: #fff;-webkit-box-shadow: inset 0 0 15px 2px #000;box-shadow: inset 0 0 15px 2px #000;border-radius: 5px;padding: 15px;}
table.uttt {display: none;}1

If you can, you should delete all height (height="12") property of the table rows/columns starting from the table with uttt class. But just if you want to use BB code mode too.

Thank you so much! Got it working, and it looks great. Since BB-code is no longer really an option, is there a way that I can remove the [bb] button when making a post on the forum? Or is that a uCoz only thing?

Edit - Ran into another issue.
With that code that you provided active, I can not make any news or blog entries. When I delete the code you gave me (if it's in the CSS) then the box comes back, and I can make entries.

Picture: http://i.imgur.com/yllb4D7.jpg
Post edited by showstopper - Tuesday, 2014-07-15, 3:13 AM
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 4 | 9:01 AM
Quote showstopper ()
Edit - Ran into another issue.
With that code that you provided active, I can not make any news or blog entries. When I delete the code you gave me (if it's in the CSS) then the box comes back, and I can make entries.

Picture: http://i.imgur.com/yllb4D7.jpg

Go to forum module's New message form template. Then insert this code before all codes from there:
Code
<div id="forumaddform">

...and after all code from there:
Code
</div>

And the CSS code should to be this:
Code
#forumaddform .wysibb-body {background: #333;color: #fff;-webkit-box-shadow: inset 0 0 15px 2px #000;box-shadow: inset 0 0 15px 2px #000;border-radius: 5px;padding: 15px;}  
#forumaddform table.uttt {display: none;}

Quote showstopper ()
Since BB-code is no longer really an option, is there a way that I can remove the [bb] button when making a post on the forum? Or is that a uCoz only thing?

I'm afraid, it isn't possible. I don't have a script for this (yet). But if I find something which helps you, I will write here wink

hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
showstopper

Message # 5 | 3:20 PM
Quote bigblog ()
Go to forum module's New message form template. Then insert this code before all codes from there:
<div id="forumaddform">1

...and after all code from there:
</div>1

And the CSS code should to be this:
#forumaddform .wysibb-body {background: #333;color: #fff;-webkit-box-shadow: inset 0 0 15px 2px #000;box-shadow: inset 0 0 15px 2px #000;border-radius: 5px;padding: 15px;}  
#forumaddform table.uttt {display: none;}

When I tried to do the first two bits of code, it said access denied.

Quote bigblog ()
I'm afraid, it isn't possible. I don't have a script for this (yet). But if I find something which helps you, I will write here

That would be awesome, much appreciated. smile
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 6 | 6:52 PM
Quote showstopper ()
When I tried to do the first two bits of code, it said access denied.

Probably you are not logged in to the site, or the Control Panel session was expired.

icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
showstopper

Message # 7 | 8:20 PM
Quote bigblog ()
Probably you are not logged in to the site, or the Control Panel session was expired.

That seemed to be the issue, but unfortunately the problem still remains. sad
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 8 | 9:23 PM
showstopper, I sent you a Private Message. Please, read it wink
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
showstopper

Message # 9 | 9:53 PM
Quote bigblog ()
showstopper, I sent you a Private Message. Please, read it

Okay, it looks good, but is there any way I can make it a bit wider when making a new entry? It's there, but it's pretty thin.
Thank you for your help.
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 10 | 8:33 AM
showstopper, add this code to the end of CSS:
Code
.cke_reset {width: 500px !important;}

And delete the 367th line, wich contains this code:
Code
table.uttt {width: auto;}

icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » "Dexter" template small problem(s) (Something minor but should need a fix :))
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: