• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Hello, Language problem (?) (Dual Language Option?)
Hello, Language problem (?)
bliznez

Message # 1 | 0:47 AM
Hi, I am not new to Ucoz, but I am new to making websites in terms of writing them from scratch, ie. coding, etc.
So, i was wondering, is it possible to make a website in uCoz system Bilingual? (ie. the button that simply displays different strings in the menus of the website, and preferably a different image?)
So, in a way- I want to change the Menu block names into the same names in another language (eg. in Russian - "Главная Страница", in English - "Main Page"), and be able to switch between the two. Is it doable?
Thanks before hand)
Cyberdasm

Message # 2 | 1:07 AM
bliznez, you can do that. via css but not the whole content(I think the headers only in my theory. I've didn't try due to lack of knowledge yes I'm exhausted about the coding, because I have a present under developed project.) :).... As of my experience I can manipulate on how to change the color and that all. In terms of language all I know is like what paradox made just like this forum. As you see above in the menu there is a flag and that's it. ( but you will be redirected to other page. not this page to be translated.) or you may use the google translate. (Yes it's very tricky "I mean the code not the google translate" but if you're genius enough you can do it. Nothing is impossible with it.) smile I hope this helps. biggrin :D biggrin
1F4BF3B
Post edited by Cyberdasm - Wednesday, 2015-12-16, 1:11 AM
Sunny

Message # 3 | 12:35 PM
bliznez, if you intend to create two (or more) fully functional language versions of your website, I would suggest creating separate websites and linking them to each other.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
bliznez

Message # 4 | 3:33 PM
Wow, those were quick replies) thanks, guys
Anyways, how would it be possible to "reference" or link the, say, news block from one of my ucoz sites in Another ?
Sunny

Message # 5 | 9:47 AM
bliznez, you can, for example, add a flag icon or a text link that will link to another language version of your website.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Hello, Language problem (?) (Dual Language Option?)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: