• »
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Ads on Website
Ads on Website
IAM

Message # 1 | 4:42 AM
There are ridiculous ads on my website

when i am on mobile device it redirects to stupid websites

and there is ad showing content covering entire page, removes professionalism of the website

in short if i dont flipping pay for the service than there is no point of having the service thanks to new ads

let me know if this is typo

otherwise whats the point of offering free service

one of redirection url
http://www.adnetworkperformance.com/a....3788b82
Post edited by IAM - Friday, 2016-02-12, 4:44 AM
Sunny

Message # 2 | 9:33 AM
IAM, please provide the link to your website and a screenshot of the ad.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
LinearMan

Message # 3 | 4:29 PM
I am another website owner who is unhappy with the advertising banner. I have been told - and in principle I accept - that free uCoz websites include an advertising banner. What I think is deplorable is that uCoz allows featured adverts to have fake "Close" buttons that take you to the advertiser's website.
I draw your attention to the following extract from the Wikipedia article on “Pop-up ad”:
Fake close buttons
Users of websites and web applications continuously experience unwanted pop up ads through the course of their normal interaction with a web browser.[7] Ordinarily users respond by dismissing the pop-up through the "close" or "cancel" feature of the window hosting the pop-up. Because this is a typical response, some authors of pop-up advertising depend on this, and create on-screen buttons or controls that look similar to a "close" or "cancel" option. When the user chooses one of these "simulated cancel" options, however, the button performs an unexpected or unauthorized action (such as opening a new pop-up, or downloading an unwanted file on the user's system). Because the technologies for web development and design allow an author to draw any kind of "simulated" cancel option imaginable, some users refuse to click on or interact with any item inside a pop-up window whatsoever.

I am currently exploring the attitude of Trading Standards towards such ads which are unquestionably deceitful if not illegal.

I am fully aware that uCoz provides a narrow vertical "Close" button beside these ads. I believe uCoz has a moral responsibility to make these buttons more conspicuous, because the average site-visitor is far more likely to notice the fake "X" in the advert itself.
Post edited by LinearMan - Monday, 2016-02-15, 4:53 PM
IAM

Message # 4 | 8:10 PM
www.ibrahimm.cf

i made this site to be as my personal portfolio, having ads just removes all professionalism

The amount ad that show up now on ucoz website are unbearable

i been with uCoz for long time (nearly 5+ years), always stuck with...now i don't really care if you guys do something abt ads or not, becuase i am just goanna do some backup of my site and stop bothering with ucoz

i have already found similar host for free and adfree

only reason i used ucoz was because of its contact form
Post edited by IAM - Tuesday, 2016-02-16, 7:51 PM
Sunny

Message # 5 | 2:56 PM
LinearMan, I have forwarded your concerns.

IAM, there is only one required ad banner on uCoz websites that can be removed only after upgrading to a premium plan. The pop-up banner can be disabled for free. If you have any other ads on the website, please provide a screenshot, so that we could look into the issue.

IAM

Message # 6 | 7:50 PM
Sunny,

Ads like the one in image shows up, and once i click cancel button it redirects to spamming site, and after i go again to my site it just redirects to the spamming site before the ad even shows up

How do i get rid of the redirects and the ad showing up in the image

This issue happens in mobile devices
Attachments: 9935045.png (84.5 Kb)
Post edited by IAM - Tuesday, 2016-02-16, 7:52 PM
Sunny

Message # 7 | 2:26 PM
IAM, thank you, I will forward the info to the person in charge. Also, does the redirect website open in the same tab or in a new tab? For me the ad on your website opened in a new tab, and I could access your website by switching to the original tab.
IAM

Message # 8 | 9:34 PM
Sunny, For me it is on the same tab, and it is so bad that i cant access website few time before i don't get redirected again. Which is why i was so mad
BlueBoxAlpha

Message # 9 | 9:46 PM
Sunny, I also have issue on the site www.gtacourier.ml
Attachments: 0957868.png (39.1 Kb)
Post edited by BlueBoxAlpha - Wednesday, 2016-02-17, 9:46 PM
IAM

Message # 10 | 2:31 AM
Sunny, Any idea on how long it'll take before the issue is fixed
Sunny

Message # 11 | 3:57 PM
BlueBoxAlpha, also on a mobile device and the ad doesn't allow you to access the website?

IAM, I'll post here as soon as I have some info.

Sunny

Message # 12 | 4:40 PM
IAM, BlueBoxAlpha, one more thing - there is a timer in the top left corner, and once the countdown is complete, it is replaced with an X. It should close the ad.
BlueBoxAlpha

Message # 13 | 2:20 AM
Sunny, Yes, the image above is from desktop chrome with user agent of mobile device, so the issue appears on mobile devices
LinearMan

Message # 14 | 4:55 PM
Sunny,
Thank you for forwarding the concerns I raised in message #3 about banner Ads with fake "close" buttons and the real Ad-close button being too inconspicuous.
Can you also forward the suggestion that the banner ad be linked to site headers, so that they scroll up with the web page. To have them fixed on the screen makes them a source of annoyance which surely alienates potential customers from what they are offering.
Sunny

Message # 15 | 12:13 PM
LinearMan, yes, I will.
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Ads on Website
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: