• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Horizontal Rule under H1 (Heading 1 Horizontal Rule)
Horizontal Rule under H1
Jessica0523

Message # 1 | 11:30 PM
How do I add a horizontal rule under H1 for all pages on my website?
Gromov

Message # 2 | 6:13 AM
Jessica0523, You can use the
tag as a horizontal line. In HTML5 it defines a thematic break in content, though no promises about the display part. The attributes that aren't supported in the HTML5 spec are all related to the tag's appearance. The appearance should be set in CSS, not in the HTML itself.

So use the
tag without attributes, then style it in CSS to appear the way you need it.

Also, I can suggest you check this article as well.
Jessica0523

Message # 3 | 3:16 PM
Okay, so I would put the tag in HTML and then the appearance in CSS? I'm not sure where to put the HTML tag as it doesn't seem to have somewhere to put it. Really what I need is the coding for it. I've been trying to change the h1 in CSS to reflect this but it isn't working. The only HTML I can find is in Site Pages but there's no spot for h1 only $CONTENT$. I'm very confused by this. This used to be a simple process in regular HTML but it seems to have complicated itself further.
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 4 | 6:45 PM
Jessica0523, maybe use the button that was designed specifically for this purpose?

hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Jessica0523

Message # 5 | 7:14 PM
If I was just doing that on each time that I do a heading then yes but I want it to be done automatically every time I use the H1 heading.
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 6 | 6:10 AM
Jessica0523, just add this to your CSS file/"Style sheet (CSS)" template:
Code
h1:after {
  content: '';
  border: 1px solid #aaa;
  display: block;
  margin-top: 10px;
}

hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Jessica0523

Message # 7 | 3:00 PM
Okay so it worked but now it has changed the color of my H1 back to original settings instead of the new color I had picked out for it. Not sure what happened and why. Can you help? I've attached a screen shot of the CSS code.
Attachments: 5127589.png (149.2 Kb)
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 8 | 3:12 PM
Jessica0523, you weren't supposed to replace the h1 tag with that code. Just add it, for example, to the end of your css
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Jessica0523

Message # 9 | 5:12 PM
Ah I see. It is working now. Thank you so much for your help. I really appreciate it.
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » Horizontal Rule under H1 (Heading 1 Horizontal Rule)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: