• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » The text in the "Entry full text" field exceeds the maximum
The text in the "Entry full text" field exceeds the maximum
BrennusWhiskey

Message # 1 | 8:03 AM
"The text in the "Entry full text" field exceeds the maximum value" (?)

Basically I understand this command.

The problem is that when I change the same table with new one with the same value (only figures are changing) the system shows me this statement.

I tried to copy and paste only the table, without anything else, but it is the same. It seems that previously the table and the text around were within maximum value but when I try to edit the post the only table is too big?

So the question is if ucoz has changed something in copy paste options? (I copy the table from Excel)

http://h4kings.ucoz.pl/news/league/1-0-6
Felicia

Message # 2 | 8:26 AM
We changed nothing. Please be careful when copying from Excel - all text formatting implies codes, that are considered as characters when adding them to your site.
Good things come to those who wait!
BrennusWhiskey

Message # 3 | 8:35 AM
Thank you. But why it has worked perfectly for almost 5 years and now simple table might be too big? Should I reinstall Excel?

Added (2020-03-03, 11:55 AM)
---------------------------------------------
I attach two files to compare. First is correct table (as worked previously); the second is how Excel copy the table now (too big).
Maybe it can be fixed?

Added (2020-03-03, 3:57 PM)
---------------------------------------------
https://megawrzuta.pl/filesgroup/367656c7a19c9b37d8d4ea0d0e6cdf96.html

joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 4 | 12:55 PM
BrennusWhiskey, this is an issue with Microsoft Office programs. Sometimes they add stupid formatting to the content, which gets reflected by the HTML output generated by the editor. I'd recommend that you do the following things:
  • clear all formatting in your Excel spreadsheet and copy-paste it that way
  • use a different browser
  • use an Excel to HTML table converter and copy that output
  • don't use Excel at all and use the built-in table feature of the uCoz editor

hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
BrennusWhiskey

Message # 5 | 9:44 PM
Thx for useful tips. The first one is the easiest and fully works.
uCoz Community » For Webmasters » Design Customization » The text in the "Entry full text" field exceeds the maximum
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: