• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Difference b/w ucoz hosted domain and the one we can buy
Difference b/w ucoz hosted domain and the one we can buy
Doomcaster

Message # 1 | 7:34 PM
I need to know the difference between ucoz hosted domain(free) and the one we can buy and also is there any difference in the domain we buy from ucoz or from any other site?

Added (2012-10-13, 1:34 PM)
---------------------------------------------
bump...

Sunny

Message # 2 | 10:15 AM
Doomcaster, a custom domain belongs to you and a free subdomain belongs to uCoz. As for SEO, there isn't much difference what domain to promote. However, some directories and link exchange services might not accept subdomains, second-level domains usually are more trusted. So in general the differences are not much but if you can afford a custom domain for your website, I would recommend to buy and attach it. It doesn't matter where you buy a domain, you can buy it from any domain registrar.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Doomcaster

Message # 3 | 4:49 PM
Do i get to use the ucoz interface and the features if i buy a new domain from ucoz or any registrar?
Sunny

Message # 4 | 8:19 AM
Doomcaster, yes. When you attach a custom domain to your website, the website itself remains as it is, it just becomes accessible by a new address. In other words it's only the 'name' of the website that changes smile
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
uCoz Community » Additional Services » Domain Transfer » Difference b/w ucoz hosted domain and the one we can buy
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: