It is possible to connect a custom domain to your uCoz website, e.g. mysite.com, mysite.net etc., for FREE
- uCoz gives the possibility of full domain management (creation of subdomains, email accounts etc. if a domain is connected by Method 2);
- you will be able to create domain-based emails (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org );
- you can buy a custom domain at uCoz Domains or from any other domain provider;
- you'll be able to register your website in directories which prohibit registration of free websites;
- you'll be able to enter banner exchange networks (or advertising companies) where only paid domains are allowed;
- with a custom domain users will never lose your website, even if you change the hosting service, the website URL will remain the same;
- with a custom domain search engines will give you a higher place in search results.
What's the difference between Method 2 and Method 3?
When you use Method 2
, your new domain is hosted at uCoz servers. If you use Method 3
- you just change the domain name (to be more precise you just get one more name for your site because it will be accessible by both names - the new one and the old one) but your domain remains hosted at the domain provider's servers. So the difference is in the place where your new domain is hosted - either at uCoz or not.
How to Connect a Domain by Method 2
2. Go to the website Control Panel -> Domain attachment. Find Method 2 and click Continue.
3. Type in the domain name and click Park domain.
You will see the following message. It means that the special settings are being created on the uCoz servers. The process may take up to 3-4 hours but as a rule it is not more than 15 minutes.
4. After the domain has been parked, you will see the message:
5. Click Attach domain and in 15 minutes your website will be accessible by the new domain name. The uCoz website name will be available too. The website will be available under the newly-attached domain name in 15 minutes only for those who have never opened the website under its uCoz domain name. It might take up to 48 hours for your provider's servers to update the DNS information. If you use another computer or IP address, you might see your website with the newly-attached domain name sooner.
How to buy a domain at domains uCoz.com:
How to connect a custom domain to your website:
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.