• Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » A few questions (For beginners)
A few questions
Doomcaster

Message # 31 | 8:20 AM
1.I read your thread about conditional operators but i couldn't get how to make the search bar disappear from the home page...

2.Since you have my site address, can you tell me how do I shift the banner(vertical) on my home page to the right of the page?

Added (2012-11-05, 2:20 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Edit-
2.I shifted the banner using <div> on the right side of the page but my text shifts downwards. I used the <br> to appropriately space my text to provide enough space for the banner but still my text shifts downwards. how to shift it upwards?

Sunny

Message # 32 | 3:11 PM
1. Find the code of the search box in Control Panel -> Customize design -> The first container, it should be smth like this

<!-- <block6> -->
<table class="boxTable"><tr><th><!-- <bt> -->Search<!-- </bt> --></th></tr><tr><td class="boxContent"><!-- <bc> -->$SEARCH_FORM$<!-- </bc> --></td></tr></table>
<!-- </block6> -->

and add the conditional operators (in red):

<!-- <block6> -->
<?if($MODULE_ID$='board')?><table class="boxTable"><tr><th><!-- <bt> -->Search<!-- </bt> --></th></tr><tr><td class="boxContent"><!-- <bc> -->$SEARCH_FORM$<!-- </bc> --></td></tr></table><?endif?>
<!-- </block6> -->

The block will be displayed only in the Ad Board module.

2. Do you mean the flipcart banner?

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Doomcaster

Message # 33 | 10:03 AM
1. Thank you sooo much Sunny
2. Yes, the flipkart banner on the home page
Sunny

Message # 34 | 12:10 PM
Doomcaster, replace

Code
<!-- Flipkart Search Bar -->
<div style="overflow:hidden;"><form action="http://www.flipkart.com/search-all" method="get">

by

Code
<!-- Flipkart Search Bar -->
<div style="padding-left: 10%;overflow:hidden;"><form action="http://www.flipkart.com/search-all" method="get">

10% can be replaced by any other number if necessary.

Doomcaster

Message # 35 | 9:57 AM
I'm not talking about the search bar, im talking about the flipkart banner(vertical) on the right of the page.

Added (2012-11-07, 3:57 AM)
or maybe can I place the flipkart banner, on the left side of the screen below the calender on the home page?
Please give me an answer to both the questions.

Sunny

Message # 36 | 1:41 PM
Doomcaster, it is easier to place it on the left, use the following code in "The first container":

Code
<div align="right"><script type="text/javascript" src="http://myclassifieds.ucoz.com/rtr/1"></script></div>

after
Code
<!-- </bc> --></div></td></tr></table>

<!-- </block11> -->

Doomcaster

Message # 37 | 7:52 PM
U mean div align=left...?

Added (2012-11-07, 9:29 AM)
umm something weird has happened when i did this, please check...all the text has shifted downwards

Added (2012-11-07, 1:52 PM)
finally after 2 hours i got it, i removed the "</td></tr></table> " from the code and all the text got back to normal

Post edited by Doomcaster - Wednesday, 2012-11-07, 3:31 PM
Sunny

Message # 38 | 11:17 AM
Doomcaster, glad you solved the problem yourself. I've edited the code, there was a mistake in my post.
Doomcaster

Message # 39 | 7:57 PM
Sunny, I think the site I made is(I think) close to completion, If you can spare some time, I request you to visit the site and tell me if I should add anything else or change something....like the banners, buttons, pages anything. Your opinion would mean a lot to me.

Please pm me instead of posting here....thank you
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » A few questions (For beginners)
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search: