• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » uCoz abuse team? (File hosting.)
uCoz abuse team?
Zevoxa

Message # 1 | 6:04 PM
I heard from a fellow friend, who I will not mention their name, that uCoz's abuse team is antsy if you don't use any modules for your website. I can slightly understand this and I'm kind of against it and at the same time I can understand why.

First of all, 90% of uCoz customers usually use a template from the uCoz template selection, So I don't see that being a big deal. But people like me, who want to build there entire website from scratch, should be able to, with out having to use the modules. Yes, I know it's easier, but I'm not really going to learn anything with something letting me use stuff like $HOMEPAGE_LINK$ or something like that. It's a very slim percentage of people who would just want to use their own work. So why not let them? I mean, I was going to, until I heard about the abuse team being like this. I mean, I've only bought a custom domain name and attached it and I have no problem putting the "Hosted on uCoz" anywhere on my site considering they're letting me host my website for free and my website really isn't a website. It's more of a portfolio. There won't be members or stuff like that, not even a forum.

So again, I can kind of understand it and I kind of can't considering not a lot of people do want to build there website from scratch so they use a uCoz template. Whatever works for them. I also think that you should be able to use your own created website with out having to use modules though. Plus, if I ever did want to move my website, I easily could. I wouldn't have to sit there and replace codes that uCoz only uses like again the $something$ codes and etc. etc.

I would prefer if you called me ErraticFox. ^_^
Post edited by Zevoxa - Tuesday, 2013-05-14, 6:06 PM
cooltaha

Message # 2 | 10:36 PM
Zevoxa,

uCoz is a CMS it's not a hosting service and that's why you have to use one of their modules, However you can create your own template. and If to talk about uCoz codes consider them as a special programming operators they allow you to call different variants with no need to do the actual program so instead of using PHP to call the main page link or instead of writing http://www.yourdomain.com you can simply use $HOMEPAGE_LINK$, hope that was helpful.

Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 3 | 0:19 AM
Quote (cooltaha)
uCoz is a CMS it's not a hosting service

Zevoxa, abuse aren't necessarily 'antsy', that may have not been the best word for someone to use relative to this topic. However, the reason above is what can lead to sites closing due to inactivity or abuse if you are simply using uCoz as a file host . It is required for users to make use of at least one uCoz module. Not using them may lead to the site being closed. They will not necessarily block a site straight-out however if you don't make use of a module, your site will be closed due to inactivity either way. So it is a necessity, as well as a requirement. wink

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » uCoz abuse team? (File hosting.)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: