• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » uCoz editor not so friendly for users with slow connections (slow internet connection problem)
uCoz editor not so friendly for users with slow connections
khen

Message # 1 | 2:27 AM
uCoz add entry editor not so friendly for users with slow connections. My users are complaining about this. I also experienced the same problem when I used slow internet connection.

Here are some of the concerns of my users:

The editor in posting a new ad is not so friendly. there's something wrong with it or what.

and what's very annoying the most is when you submit to add the new ad. that pop up with the rotating indicator does show up for awhile and disappears to thin air and your left hanging. pressing the add button again and again does nothing. so you have to post again/refresh.. very tedious, then again it happens.. repeat again.. repeat 3x or more before it gets ok.. that's sooooo annoying..

Looking forward for a better site.

Must give higher priority to that disappearing ADD ad. Just now, tried twice again posting a new add. To no avail. Same symptom. The popup status box just suddenly disappears after. And your left hanging nowhere. Good if you press again the add button it would try to add again. But it does not. So you have to redo everything again all over again and again till successful ad addition.

Please do something about this, uCoz.

Post edited by khen - Tuesday, 2013-11-19, 2:37 AM
Sunny

Message # 2 | 3:00 PM
khen, do the users have this problem in any specific browser or in different browsers?
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
khen

Message # 3 | 6:14 AM
Sunny, I'll be asking them for that matter.

But this was the same problem I and my staff encountered many times when we used slow internet connection even if we're using either Chrome or Firefox.

Post edited by khen - Thursday, 2013-11-21, 6:15 AM
Sunny

Message # 4 | 8:39 AM
khen, unfortunately I'm unable to test it. I could suggest the following: try to optimize the entry posting page, remove everything except the form itself (like third-party scripts, if any).
khen

Message # 5 | 9:31 AM
I remove all third party script except this one:

Code
<script type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function(){
$("form#addEntForm").submit(function(){
if ($('#suggEdit').val().match(/^\s*$/)) {
var entryname = $('#bdF1').val();
entryname = entryname.split(' ').join(', ');
$("#suggEdit").val("" + entryname + "");
}});});
</script>

I badly need this script to automate tags/keywords generation for the tags.

Would the problem still persist?

Post edited by khen - Thursday, 2013-11-21, 9:31 AM
Sunny

Message # 6 | 10:59 AM
khen, we will need to ask the users, having this problem. Ask them to check the form now.
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » uCoz editor not so friendly for users with slow connections (slow internet connection problem)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: