• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » uCoz Technical Support (how serious are they?)
uCoz Technical Support
Davor24

Message # 1 | 10:47 PM
My site is blocked due to incorrect contact information. I know that this happens only when we do not respond to your email ( so i always answer ). However contact information are ok and i did not get any email for this site, only my other site.

I contacted Sunny and she sent me a copy of that email and i'm i did everything as indicated and reported to technical support in a form of ticket through the control panel. That was yesterday. I also send one today.

In the meantime, my site is off, i am losing my visitors, reputation and other ( not a small site, it has over 25,000 visits a day ), and all because of an mail that i never received.

Since weekend is tomorow site probably will not be available until next week. So i wonder what kind of official support can not respond to one ticket for two days. Let's be serious here most hosting providers have a live support 24/7, fast respond time in just a few hours etc and here we need to wait for days, and in a case of serious problem that requires more mutual communication even more.

This is not the first such case for me, every time i contact technical support i need to wait 2-4 days for them to replay. I know that uCoz is free website builder but some of us pay premium hosting like in any other hosting company and run a serious and successful site's so a little better support would be good for all of us, both users and uCoz. smile
Post edited by Davor24 - Friday, 2014-01-24, 10:53 PM
PixelKhaos

Message # 2 | 10:55 PM
Firstly, uCoz is a free CMS, not a hosting company. Paid hosting requires 24/7 support to compete with the market.
So don't compare uCoz to completely different services.
Other companies have a lot of people hired for solely support, I do not think uCoz has that much.
Also keep in mind that there are probably A LOT of emails sent to the support every day.

But, this is not a matter to be discussed in a thread. You should keep this to emails and PM's.
And for future reference, add uCoz to contacts or whitelist (whatever options your mail provider has), so that the emails don't get removed or placed in the junk folder by the e-mail provider automatically.

Proud uCoz user since 2006
Freelance designer - http://pixelkhaos.com
PixelKhaos on twitter - @PixelKhaos

I can help you develop your site for a small fee.
Davor24

Message # 3 | 11:04 PM
Quote PixelKhaos ()
uCoz is a free CMS, not a hosting company.

The moment we start to pay for services ucoz becoming a paid company that needs to provide support and not a free one, otherwise what is the point of premium members.

Quote PixelKhaos ()
add uCoz to contacts or whitelist (whatever options your mail provider has), so that the emails don't get removed or placed in the junk folder by the e-mail provider automatically.

Like i said i get a mail for my other site but not for this one and uCoz are on my whitelist and in important contacts.

Quote PixelKhaos ()
But, this is not a matter to be discussed in a thread.

This is not a discussion but fair observation, i guess it is allowed to express critic and not just praise. Do not understand me wrong uCoz is great, support forum is great and helpful. I'm speaking about official technical support and their speed.
Post edited by Davor24 - Friday, 2014-01-24, 11:07 PM
PixelKhaos

Message # 4 | 11:10 PM
Quote Davor24 ()
The moment we start to pay for services ucoz becoming a paid company that needs to provide support and not a free one otherwise, what is the point of premium members.

No service "neeeds" or has to give fast support if they're not promising it.

Quote Davor24 ()
This is not a discussion but fair observation, i guess it is allowed to express critic and not just praise. Do not understand me wrong uCoz is great, support forum is great and helpful. I'm speaking about official technical support and their speed.

I took it as you were seeking help or answers about the matter, which is to be cleared up with the support.
But yes, you're allowed to share opinions and discuss in general.

Proud uCoz user since 2006
Freelance designer - http://pixelkhaos.com
PixelKhaos on twitter - @PixelKhaos

I can help you develop your site for a small fee.
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 5 | 5:20 AM
I'm going to throw this out there as a discussion for a bit.

Davor24, the standard processing times for support tickets sits at anywhere between 1 to 3 business days. Due to the team being solely based in RU/Ukraine, the staff do have to have time off (this including the weekends) so they're able to have a social life outside of their work. Like, that's how I look at it to understand the processing times and I think for the number of staff uCoz has it's a fair approach.

Here on the forums I guess we are relatively 24/7 due to myself, Ani (when he's here), and Pixel being available to answer questions when Sunny's not on. Raver, one of our marketing team, also occasionally answers questions over the weekends which does help with building a relatively consistent support team here on the forums. Unfortunately those of us who aren't officially on the team however, can't help with technical issues too much past information delivery back and forth between the team and the users.

As to the emails there have been recent problems with uCoz emails going to spam and junk. If you use an email client - make sure to check the web server as well. Like GMail has its Spam catchment, if emails go into Spam there, they won't go into your Junk messages in MS Outlook for example. That's a problem I've been encountering lately myself.

That's my two cents on the matters. smile

Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Davor24

Message # 6 | 8:04 PM
Paradox, i think we didn't understand each other, i have no objections to support both forum and technical. You are all very kind and helpful ( especially Sunny who helped me many times ), i have only remarks on speed of tech support.

Including weekend my site will be offline for 4 days ( of course if they settle it on Monday if not then even longer ). smile

The thing is i did not get the mail, i receive these e-mails often for both of my site and every time i answer because i know what will be if i don't. I got it for one site but not for another ( it's not in spam, trash, junk etc ). Before maybe a month my friend have a same problem his site is block for the same thing and he also didn't received any mail. smile

In any case i did not open this thread to insult, complain or discus this matter i know that won't help i just wanted to make an constructive critic regarding technical support speed.

If there is some other way to present this critic i would not open this threat here but this is only official support forum for uCoz discussions. smile
Post edited by Davor24 - Saturday, 2014-01-25, 8:21 PM
Raver

Message # 7 | 9:00 AM
Davor24, we are sorry for the inconvenience but most of the support team works usually from Monday to Friday and, as you reported the issue on Friday, it can take up to two business days to answer. However, the situation will be fixed by Sunday afternoon, as we also have a few employees working during the week-end time. Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconveniences! Please come back again and confirm that the website is up and running now.
Davor24

Message # 8 | 4:31 PM
Raver, that from Friday was my second report my 1'st was in Thursday ( around 1-2 hrs after it is turned off ). smile

In any case this is a pleasant surprise i did not expect for site to work again before Monday or Tuesday, thank you for all your help. smile
Post edited by Davor24 - Sunday, 2014-01-26, 4:32 PM
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » uCoz Technical Support (how serious are they?)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: