• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » Automated scheduled posts.
Automated scheduled posts.
18hgo

Message # 1 | 6:52 AM
Is there a way to create automated scheduled blog posts? I believe there is no such tool in uCoz but what about an external bot or software?
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 2 | 8:46 AM
18hgo, pretty sure that what you're trying to achieve is very against the TOS.
hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
e-orlando

Message # 3 | 7:22 AM
Quote 18hgo ()

Actually uCoz offer an alternative to do this, but You have to go first to the module settings and active the option that says:

Enable the option to choose a post's publication date:
Necessary for adding entries with specific dates that are not the current date.
and also tick the option Do not display entries dated later than the current date

After active those options you'll be able to select the date of the post, article, etc so for example you can write the post today and set the date of tomorrow morning so uCoz will keep hidden the post until that date and time.

So basically you can write the post and schedule it by selecting the date in advance.

And remember that in each module you have to set the option first in order to be able to select a date in advance.

I hope this help... (also keep in mind the server uses his own time zone so you have to check it on the control panel and select the proper time zone according to your region).

I recommend to allow the uses of this feature (select date of the post) only to admins or moderators otherwise standard users will be allowed to change the date of any material so keep an eye on who can add/edit post on your website and set the permission accordingly under the permission setting of the users module.

This is not an automatic posting option because you have to write the post first but is an alternative smile
Post edited by e-orlando - Friday, 2020-05-29, 7:42 AM
18hgo

Message # 4 | 6:23 AM
e-orlando, this is what I needed. The main reason is that I won't be able to login to my account for more than 40 days and according to the TOS my account may be suspended. So, if I schedule my posts, I believe it won't be suspended.
Felicia

Message # 5 | 7:22 AM
18hgo, can you provide the url of the site, please? Scheduling posts isn't actually a solution, since the disabling of the sites is based on the owner logging into the CP and the traffic on your site.
Good things come to those who wait!
18hgo

Message # 6 | 4:37 AM
Quote Felicia ()
Can you provide the url of the site, please?
PM

Quote Felicia ()
Scheduling posts isn't actually a solution, since the disabling of the sites is based on the owner logging into the CP and the traffic on your site.

Can you suggest a way to avoid disabling of the sites on some rare occasions where we can't login for personal reasons? How much traffic should we have?
Felicia

Message # 7 | 5:10 PM
18hgo, I apologize for the delay. Unfortunately, considering it's a new site, the only way to ensure that is doesn't get disabled is to purchase one of the subscriptions available https://www.ucoz.com/pricing. If you would have had constant traffic on the site, then it wouldn't have matter if you skipped to login in the CP from time to time.
Good things come to those who wait!
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » Automated scheduled posts.
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: