• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: bigblog  
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » I hope uCoz will come back to continue to DEVELOP the OLD
I hope uCoz will come back to continue to DEVELOP the OLD
beagilebestill

Message # 1 | 5:35 PM
I hope uCoz will come back to continue to DEVELOP the OLD platform the uCoz site builder.

Can I hear good news from the mods and admins regarding the old ucoz site builder?

Felicia

Message # 2 | 10:32 AM
beagilebestill, when you say old platform are you referring to the old version of the Control Panel? If yes, as it was announced a while ago, the old version will include only the main feature. Only the new version will be fully updated.
Good things come to those who wait!
Davor24

Message # 3 | 12:29 PM
Doubt she mean old CP, probably on limited uCoz cms as a whole, design and options are way to limited and for years we didn't get any new option for lets say publ, load, blog, users, forum etc.

Not to mention it's not possible to do any serious redesign since only html/css/js are supported. It's 2022 year and they use css/html as main design drive, i mean way to limited.

Just few days ago i ask support does uCoz support some framework like react and angular since i would like to do redesign and they told me no but i can use font awesome as alternative.

Professional VIP (not free) support is offering font awesome an icon search site as alternative to frameworks I mean come on at least try to act as you care for the question. wacko biggrin

So yeah i support the question from op does uCoz platform plans any updates on modules or fucntions, support etc or is a company completely focused on uKit now? smile
Post edited by Davor24 - Sunday, 2022-03-20, 12:31 PM
joexyz
JOE-vascript

Message # 4 | 12:22 PM
Just few days ago i ask support does uCoz support some framework like react and angular

In theory, there's no reason you couldn't use a framework like React on uCoz and just build a SPA. You could make it interact with uAPI as well for your RESTful calls. However, this does take some time and dedication and I'm also not entirely sure if it's worth doing it on a platform like uCoz.

hey i'm joe and i do not work for the company anymore, please contact other staff or tech support
icon by ch-chau

sometimes i lurk here
Harina

Message # 5 | 10:18 PM
The website thing is getting outdated day by day. What i havent seen even on uKit, uCoz's good child is the option to convert website to mobile app which is the best way to go now. Very soon ucoz will be completely out of business if these option not implemented very soon. The pda version installation is quite a joke. Maybe a moble app is what ucoz and ukit need to stay in competition
Cyberdasm

Message # 6 | 5:06 AM
Harina, I agreed with you.. Anyway if its is much more better if they could also develop this web functionality into an app as well. That sounds good and promising but too good to be true. Anyway my only complain is the ads that contains xxx rated images.
1F4BF3B
Yukito

Message # 7 | 10:21 PM
I wouldn't expect anything from them. Even their technical support is pretty bad, their quarantine removal tool doesn't even work. All they want to do is push the microtransaction.
Seriously, one of the most annoying things about uCoz is the damn quarantine. 6 months, 50 pages, verified number and the damn dumb bot they have doesn't even seem to care.
I've reached 2.37k total views in six months, all sharing through Discord and social networks to counter this trash quarantine.

http://yukitoscorner.ucoz.co.uk
Cyberdasm

Message # 8 | 10:57 AM
Yukito, Actually in my end, I don't have problem's with the quarantine. You know what my worst experience with uCoz is that you can't post it in social media before. I've been here with uCoz since 2010 and I've been featured in one of their testimonials. But nowadays it is understandable that their business will only be pro-russian and very active in russian markets. But I'm still hopeful that they will develop their old system. What I like here in uCoz is that you have a full control of your scripts in an unpaid version with unlimited bandwidth. Of course webhost is far more comfortable than uCoz but it has a limited capability due to limited bandwidth offer.
1F4BF3B
Yukito

Message # 9 | 4:49 PM
Quote Cyberdasm ()
What I like here in uCoz is that you have a full control of your scripts in an unpaid version with unlimited bandwidth. Of course webhost is far more comfortable than uCoz but it has a limited capability due to limited bandwidth offer.

In my case, what made me use uCoz is the users feature, good to set up a on-demand story website like mine. Would love if there was a plugin to link to Patreon and change things according to Patreon. But, it's okay. I've now removed quarantine, seems like reCaptcha v2 was buggy after all.
Hard to find a host that does user control for free like uCoz.

Cyberdasm

Message # 10 | 8:34 AM
Quote Yukito ()

There are alot of host that will grant access to users data and webhost is one of them. But the problem lies within the bandwidth limit. In my end its feels safe to register in any of uCoz websites. Since the developer or the admin doesn't have a full control with the data.

1F4BF3B
Yukito

Message # 11 | 3:11 PM
Quote Cyberdasm ()
There are alot of host that will grant access to users data and webhost is one of them. But the problem lies within the bandwidth limit. In my end its feels safe to register in any of uCoz websites. Since the developer or the admin doesn't have a full control with the data.

That gives a bit of anonymization with the data regarding the user. Even though I ask for Patreon ID(not required if the user doesn't want full access to the site), I don't make it really necessary to stay connected. I also disabled all social network connections and only allow login via uID.

lanh

Message # 12 | 8:44 AM
Sorry for digging this thread up. But after many years there is no new update on this platform. I hope it will rise again ))
uCoz Community » Communication » uCoz Discussions » I hope uCoz will come back to continue to DEVELOP the OLD
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: