uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Registration of users (How to enable/disable registration)
Registration of users
Natashko

Message # 1 | 3:18 PM
At present there are two ways of users registration at the websites within uCoz web-services.

uID authorization (uID users)

When a user finishes uID authorization, he/she receives uID (universal login). It allows users to visit uCoz websites without repeated registrations. Such a user has a huge advantage of high-tech, advanced management of his/her global profile via Webtop. Users may not only manage websites and personal data, but fulfill other useful functions via Webtop. Besides, each uID user has his/her own userbar at uCoz websites (control panel of available site features).
uID authorization is available at all the websites by default and it is a system feature.
uID users login to the website by means of E-mail and Password.

Local authorization

When a user finishes local authorization, he/she becomes a user of only one website (the one he/she has registered at). Webtop and userbar is not available for such a user. He/she has to register at other websites again.
Local users login to the websites by means of Login and Passowrd.
Local authorization feature is not a system one, that is why it is a paid service. To enable local authorization feature you need to pay once for one of the package of services and the feature will be enabled for the whole period of the website existence!

Now it is not possible to enable both local and uID users! You need to choose either local authorization or uID authorization method!

How to disable website registration?

It is possible to disable registration for users at the website. To do so go to Control panel->Users->Module settings->do not tag the checkbox “Activate "Users" module”->Save.
After disabling this module, it will not be possible to register and login to the website. Administrators login will be realized through http://yourwebsite.com/admin/.

How to register via the Control panel?

Website administrator can register a user at his/her website via the Control panel any time, regardless of the authorization method. Such a user will be a Local user and will always be able to login to the website, regardless of the authorization method (besides the times, when “Users” module is disabled).
All the websites support local authorization!

If you face any registration at the website problems, be sure to provide a link to the website!

Question: Wondering if you know how to make it so that any user that tries to register at my site has to be accepted by the admin? Like an email gets sent to the admin asking if the user can be registered?
Answer: You can do similar, by limiting 'User' group permissions & move each user to Checked group manually. It'll do same function. [Armaros]
carloscompu

Message # 181 | 6:08 PM
If I remove a user can he register again with the same e-mail?

And Im having prob with users registering in each og my pages they dont know if they are registered to uid so they try to register and they cant because they are registered to another page from ucoz thats not mine
Sunny

Message # 182 | 10:29 AM
Quote (carloscompu)
If I remove a user can he register again with the same e-mail?

If it is a local user, then yes, you can do this and he will be able to register. It is not possible to delete uID users.

Quote (carloscompu)
And Im having prob with users registering in each og my pages they dont know if they are registered to uid so they try to register and they cant because they are registered to another page from ucoz thats not mine

If they have uID accounts already, they don't need to register on your website, they can use their uID e-mail and password to log in to your website.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
carloscompu

Message # 183 | 2:15 PM
Some user dont understand this since there are so many ucoz websites that they think that all websites are independent even if they are from difrent owners.But its ok im hoping to finish my website soon and be able to add the local user.I really thanks Ucoz team for there great work
Verum

Message # 184 | 5:01 PM
If I used local users in the past is their any way that I could enable uID users without making them unable to login?
Using uCoz for years.
Sunny

Message # 185 | 2:49 PM
Verum, if you enable the old login form in the Common Settings, users will still be able to log in using their current usernames and passwords. More on the form http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/31-15777-1
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Registration of users (How to enable/disable registration)
Search: