• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Problematic users
Problematic users
Ed05

Message # 1 | 2:07 PM
Its time for me to spoke about my big problem , i have problematic users who register every day on few profiles and spam on my website forum. I ban them and they register again and leave links (advertise) on my forum. I have ben forced to disable posibility for users to wrote on forum cause of that spamers. I dont se antohter solution. I dont know what is happening, if this continues i will be forced to disallow new users registration ! I have checked they ip (those spamers) and i located every one of them that they form Ukraine, Rusia.. I need script to redirect this users on another links when they try to enter to my website angry
!
Ed05

Message # 2 | 4:55 AM
For only half day he register 10 times (exept 3 new normal users)
Attachments: 4450594.png (39.3 Kb)

!
Post edited by Ed05 - Thursday, 2014-02-06, 5:17 AM
Paradox
Old Guard

Message # 3 | 6:59 AM
Ed05, unfortunately spammers and such are really difficult to get rid of on any system. When it comes to server redirects uCoz doesn't provide such features. This does look, however, like a bot. What is the difficulty of the CAPTCHA on your site?
Jack of all trades in development, design, strategy.
Working as a Support Engineer.
Been here for 13 years and counting.
Ed05

Message # 4 | 8:14 PM
Paradox, i put standard but now i will put complicate. But, now im having much biger problem. I will contact ucoz abuse team cause its not for public.
!
Good

Message # 5 | 3:48 AM
Ed05, I think you should change to uID users (uID) [?].

Login ACP > User > Module Setting > Change to uID users (uID).

Since my site has the same problem as you. Then I change to uID account and there is no spam any more.
Ed05

Message # 6 | 11:49 PM
Good, Yes but i will lose to much users if i put to uid cause e mail verification. Any way i put complicated captcha and now i dont have that bots,spam anoying angry users.
!
NormalX

Message # 7 | 6:06 PM
If you want user to stop posting stuff you don't want then one solution would be to

disallow all Users to post on forum and allow Friend or Checked to post on forum

This way you can make each user (except spammer) a Friend or Checked

(*make sure friend or checked permission are changed to match user group permission)

This can act like "Pre-moderate new entries (must be verified)" feature that is not available for forum at this point
Ed05

Message # 8 | 4:07 AM
I have put complicated security captcha and the problem is solved , for now and in future i hope cool

Added (2014-03-25, 10:07 PM)
---------------------------------------------
They are robots. They found a way to reslove security captcha, even complicated one angry

!
Sunny

Message # 9 | 3:13 PM
Ed05, try to increase the number of required fields in the registration form and make the email confirmation required.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Ed05

Message # 10 | 6:10 PM
Sunny, this is smart robots, they fill every field, only double security captcha is useful cool
!
Post edited by Ed05 - Sunday, 2014-03-30, 6:11 PM
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » Problematic users
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: