• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » SOCIAL PROFILES FAIL
SOCIAL PROFILES FAIL
Datecity

Message # 1 | 8:19 AM
I recently changed my website to social authorization from local but its quite a disappointment that there auto generated usernames that can not be edited by the user. When 'uid profile management' link is clicked on, a user is redirected to their profile on the uID network which they can not edit still. It shows they are not signed in, and when a user tries to sign in with a social network they used to register on my website, its a dead end.

"Sign up with a social network or through the website form" so how does a user log in to my website if they registered through the website form, i mean, on the uID log in form, there is no where to insert username and password for those who registered through the website form.

My issue is, users on my website are frustrated and ounce they register they do not come back, because they always want to edit their profiles but fail totally. FAIL
Sunny

Message # 2 | 1:02 PM
Quote Datecity ()
usernames that can not be edited by the user

Users can edit their profiles at guid.uid.me.

Quote Datecity ()
It shows they are not signed in, and when a user tries to sign in with a social network they used to register on my website, its a dead end.

Please provide more details. Are there any error messages displayed?

Quote Datecity ()
"Sign up with a social network or through the website form" so how does a user log in to my website if they registered through the website form, i mean, on the uID log in form, there is no where to insert username and password for those who registered through the website form.

Users can log in by clicking on the uID icon. And you can also enable the old login form in Control Panel -> Users -> Module settings -> Type of the uID sign-in button.

I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
Soldierdevil

Message # 3 | 1:42 PM
A little bit confused about this! When i go to url guid.uid.me. i am taken to the webtop and asked to enter my control panel password. Should my users also access the control panel to change their usernames?
Systems developer
Datecity

Message # 4 | 1:50 PM
Soldierdevil, its true. I am also redirected to the webtop and asked to enter my control panel password so the guide.uid.me itself changes to s1.uid.me. I am confused and should set my website back to local user authorization.
Cyberdasm

Message # 5 | 2:00 PM
Datecity, then how it is possible for free users? Local user authorization isn't free anymore.
1F4BF3B
Sunny

Message # 6 | 2:07 PM
Soldierdevil, Datecity, users will enter their uID passwords if they don't have websites.
Cyberdasm

Message # 7 | 2:21 PM
Sunny, Yesterday i have some problem regarding the social sign up. what are the possible reason of rejection during sign-up the sign up process?
1F4BF3B
Sunny

Message # 8 | 2:49 PM
Quote Cyberdasm ()
some problem

What exactly? Was there any error message? What social network did you use?

Cyberdasm

Message # 9 | 8:29 PM
Madam Sunny, I use facebook. Not all users in facebook can log in to my website. Actually they are complaining why they cant enter because there are some who wants to enter a forum section that has a password. Others can but others cannot it just only redirected to the sign up page and then they are stock. Is there solutions available as of now?

I think this problem existed in my site last January but nobody answered and I personally told sir Xayaan about this and he says that "the problem lies with the ucoz server side."
My other problem goes like this: When you enter to my website it loads twice, actually i check the meta but its fine i dont see any refresh codes there, instead the loading time of 5mbps dsl is only 5 seconds it is now 10 sec.
The website address: www.lizeal.tk
All i want to accomplish is to cut the other half because it annoys the visitors alot and yes it really affect my website credibility.

1F4BF3B
Post edited by Cyberdasm - Wednesday, 2015-02-04, 2:23 PM
Datecity

Message # 10 | 7:52 AM
Sunny, now whenever i click on the guide.uid.me link, i am redirected to www.ucoz.com. Some other thing is ucoz websites are becoming more technical and complicated, not to us the users but to our users. There a kind of way the system is designed that only ucoz users can try to understand but not the users of ucoz users. The human mind is programmed to seek comfort, not complications so wherever a user gets complications in using the website, he will not come back. My point is, the user on my ucoz website will not know that to change the his reg. info, he will need to go to guide.uid.me and even when i include it on my website, he will not stand the complications like a ucoz user can. Its a little bit inconvenient for our users and we are loosing traffic. sad
Sunny

Message # 11 | 3:11 PM
Quote Cyberdasm ()
Not all users in facebook can log in to my website.

I could log in just fine. Ask the users who cannot log in to connect Facebook to their accounts first, and then try once again. Also, if they signed up with uID or another social account (not Facebook), ask them to check whether the email in their account and their Facebook email is the same. And btw, when they are redirected to the sign-up page, what happens if they try to sing up?

Quote Cyberdasm ()
Actually they are complaining why they cant enter because there are some who wants to enter a forum section that has a password.

How is a password protected forum related to the social sign-up?

Quote Cyberdasm ()
When you enter to my website it loads twice, actually i check the meta but its fine i dont see any refresh codes there, instead the loading time of 5mbps dsl is only 5 seconds it is now 10 sec.

It's because of the scripts on your website.

Quote Datecity ()
whenever i click on the guide.uid.me link, i am redirected to www.ucoz.com.

The correct link is guid.uid.me, not guidE.uid.me

Quote Datecity ()
Its a little bit inconvenient for our users and we are loosing traffic.

I understand what you mean, we are working in the direction of simplifying the most confusing things.

uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » SOCIAL PROFILES FAIL
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: