• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » User personal board
User personal board
Sunndae

Message # 1 | 10:49 AM
Hi all.

Before asking my question, I first want to say thank you to ucoz for hosting free websites!. Ive been running a clan page for many years and lately ive began to build even more pages. And they run great and are highly functional. Perhaps time to become premium member happy

I have a question related to a php code. Im only a beginning programmer but my guess is that what i ask, is actually possible.

Im trying to create some sort of user board. It is a board where users can leave a public message about a certain person. Like a personal guestbook. That can be read by everyone. But different than reputation. I want this to be linked inside each user's personal profile page. For this I intend to use the ad-board and I will create about 20 entries there. One for each person on my list. Then I would write the code inside the users personal page. I dont know if a 20 line code will make it work less smoothly?.

The code where I am asking advice or help about would contain 20 lines saying: <if User id #X then show ad board entry link #X('leave a message on user board') endif>

Its basically one line that I will copy 20 times containing different user ID's and ad-board entry number.

It would be great if some people would reply about his/her thoughts on the possibilities of my wish and perhaps help me create the code if it is possible. The code is where I get stuck. My plan B would be to just link it from a member list which is quite easy to realise but less functional. Im building on functionality.

Thanks for your help in advance!
Post edited by Sunndae - Sunday, 2015-02-15, 10:50 AM
Xayaan

Message # 2 | 9:35 AM
Sunndae, Hello and Thank you for staying with us so long!

I understand your concern. However, Do you mean that you want a Guestbook like feature built on PHP that would allow a comment on a user to appear on User page? The use of PHP is very limited in uCoz. You want a functionality built both on Informers and PHP?

Here is the correct thread to post coding requests.

My Skype : xayan123 | My Twitter : @Officialxayaan
uID : - Zayaan Ibrahim | Need a professional design? Check out my Portfolio
Sunndae

Message # 3 | 7:47 AM
Yes that is what I was looking for. Thanks for the answer, I will post there. cool
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Site Users » User personal board
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: