• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Page Editor » Making your own custom URL
Making your own custom URL
defaultNick4081

Message # 1 | 7:27 AM
I understand that under "Site Menu builder" you can create your own custom url - like yoursite.ucoz.com/hello - and it will create the link. However I don't seem to find out how to make a page, under page editor that directs itself to that link, or any custom link.

Is this possible to have it direct itself to a custom link, and if it's not possible is there any way I can make a page (not using page editor) that would link itself to my custom url that I already made in the Site Menu Builder?

I understand that the post below me, someone states that you can't. However I don't see the point of being able to create the link under Site Menu builder if you can't. Maybe not under Page Editor, but you should be able to make the custom url?

Thank you.

UPDATE:
# How to set custom URL for page ? (www.website.ucoz.com/Videos)
- That's not possible via Page Editor but you can make it with HTML page.

Under the FAQ (what a surprise, sorry about that)

Newest question, what exactly is HTML page?
I'm not like completely stupid so don't treat me as a child, I know what HTML is, I know how to code etc, however I don't exactly get that :P. Please give me the adult answer.

Post edited by defaultNick4081 - Friday, 2010-12-24, 7:33 AM
CoffeeCone

Message # 2 | 10:21 AM
Just upload any .html file from your system to your uCoz website via the File Manager on the uCoz Panel. Since you said that you already know how to code HTML, I'm assuming you know how to redirect.

Here's what you can do.

Create a folder (e.g.: website.ucoz.com/yourfolder) then upload your HTML page and rename it to index.html. Inside index.html, place a redirection script to whichever link you want it to redirect to. (E.g. Redirect it to website.ucoz.com/index/0-4)

The end result would be that when people visit website.ucoz.com/yourfolder your visitors will get redirected to website.ucoz.com/index/0-4 which is a page created with the Page Editor.

EDIT:
Just a few insights from me... The reason why I don't use yourfolder.html is to save the .html from being needed to be typed still. It is just my personal preference to be in favor more with website.ucoz.com/yourfolder than website.ucoz.com/yourfolder.html. smile

"Friends don't let friends use Internet Explorer 6." - Microsoft || Join the cause. Help your friends.

Post edited by shadowslash - Friday, 2010-12-24, 10:33 AM
Animorph

Message # 3 | 10:30 AM
Quote (defaultNick4081)
I understand that under "Site Menu builder" you can create your own custom url - like yoursite.ucoz.com/hello

wrong , you cannot create your ow custom link , site menu builder is like a site menu , you need to use the default links to get to the good page

Quote (defaultNick4081)
Is this possible to have it direct itself to a custom link, and if it's not possible is there any way I can make a page (not using page editor) that would link itself to my custom url that I already made in the Site Menu Builder?

if you read my previous answer then you will see that those questions are for no need anymore

Quote (defaultNick4081)
I understand that the post below me, someone states that you can't. However I don't see the point of being able to create the link under Site Menu builder if you can't. Maybe not under Page Editor, but you should be able to make the custom url?

as i already stated that you cannot make custom url , it makes things more clear , Site Menu feature is not for making "custom urls" it is for making your site menu in blocks etc , what requires an existing URL
like the one you get when creating a page for example "/index/0-3"

Quote (defaultNick4081)
# How to set custom URL for page ? (www.website.ucoz.com/Videos)
- That's not possible via Page Editor but you can make it with HTML page.

if you mean a custom HTML page then yes then it is possible , then you only need to put the HTML page that you uploaded to the file manager with name http://yourwebsite.ucoz.com/name.html into the site menu link

Quote (defaultNick4081)
Newest question, what exactly is HTML page?

http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/5-2540-1

it is almost quite the same as shadowslash said

Best regards

To busy building a passive income online ;)
TeamNiBiC

Message # 4 | 10:23 AM
Wow man!!
You just did what even the administrators told was impossible!! biggrin
ty for helping me!
TY TY TY shadowslash,
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Page Editor » Making your own custom URL
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: