• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Page Editor » How To Apply Different Page Templates (~Personal Templates)
How To Apply Different Page Templates
Natashko

Message # 1 | 4:09 PM
uCoz system allows to apply up to 20 personal templates to the pages of your website (meaning the pages the URLs of which end with /index/0-id).

To apply personal template to the page – open it. Login to the website as administrator with your login and password. You will be able to see a set of buttons in the right lower corner:

Click the one that is indicate in the image.
Editing page will open.
Find “Apply personal template to the page” feature in the section “Options”. Check this box.

Click Save afterwards.

Next step is to apply personal template to the selected page.
To do so go to Control panel-> »Design->Design management (templates).
Find the name of your page in section Page Editor. (The name of the page in the image is “Page with unique content”).

Click on the title and you will find yourself at the page of editing the template of this page:

Do not forget to click Save at the end of customization process.

Attachments: 6342332.png (2.0 Kb) · 9508243.png (19.5 Kb) · 8137473.png (1.8 Kb) · 3272779.png (39.0 Kb)
Zahidali1030

Message # 2 | 3:09 PM
Wow Great..

Thanks for sharing
Xpart

Message # 3 | 3:49 AM
How do i add image to my website and also use the for background,please full details please with the html thanks
Natashko

Message # 4 | 10:19 AM
Xpart,
Quote (Xpart)
How do i add image to my website and also use the for background,please full details please with the html thanks

You can upload images to your website via File manager or FTP. See more about it here: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/10-13848-1#79682
If you want to use it a background and you need help, provide a website address and design number. But make sure to do it here: http://forum.ucoz.com/forum/5 Look through this board before posting. You might find answers to many of your questions there.
Kyrt_Ryder

Message # 5 | 10:19 AM
Alright, so the Personal Template feature is cool and useful and all, but why the 20 page limit?

Now, I'll note that I agree 20 pages with fully custom independent templates is probably more than sufficient, but when a Personal Template is the only way to give a given page a unique Header region, it's troublesome when you have more than twenty pages your trying to rank/ are ranking with.

For example, many search engines use the Description metatag for the description they put up in the SERPS.

Is there a way to expand the Personal Template pages limit?

Post edited by Kyrt_Ryder - Thursday, 2011-03-17, 3:10 PM
Natashko

Message # 6 | 10:19 AM
Kyrt_Ryder,
Quote (Kyrt_Ryder)
Is there a way to expand the Personal Template pages limit?

as far as I am aware - no. Truth be told, I am not sure I understand your reasons for increasing the number of pages limit. Can you be more specific
Kyrt_Ryder

Message # 7 | 10:19 AM
One big one, for me, is the metatags. I've got 40-ish pages that are important to me, and they are all dramatically different and require different metatags. Different Keywords (as little as that matters to most search engines...), different Descriptions, etc.
Natashko

Message # 8 | 10:20 AM
Kyrt_Ryder, I might suggest you the way in which you will achieve the results without using Page Editor. You might use any module for the pages you want to create. You add several Custom fields in this module. You will need the fields to insert the keywords for each entry. Then go to module template "Page with entry full text and its comments" and insert the data from the fields in the tags
Kyrt_Ryder

Message # 9 | 10:20 AM
Any module? I'm not quite sure I follow... could you explain using a specific module step by step? (Sorry to be a bother lol.)
Natashko

Message # 10 | 10:20 AM
Kyrt_Ryder, any module you do not use, like Blog or File catalog. And this is just a suggestion to avoid Page Editor usage, because that limitation can't be changed.
Kyrt_Ryder

Message # 11 | 10:20 AM
Thanks for the work-around natashko. I'll give it a try. Sure would be nice of the page editor could make it work though.... off to the suggestion board for me lol.
carloscompu

Message # 12 | 4:44 PM
can i change the template between modules,i want to use adifrent desighn for file catagory and for video but i mean everything the head and everything
Sunny

Message # 13 | 9:58 AM
carloscompu, yes, sure it is possible. Edit the templates of these modules in Control Panel -> Customize Design.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
hh

Message # 14 | 12:56 PM
smile smile Great sharing..
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Page Editor » How To Apply Different Page Templates (~Personal Templates)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: