• Page 1 of 1
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Page Editor » Top part of the website
Top part of the website
WorldOfDesign

Message # 1 | 3:31 AM
Problem with top part of the website. Registration and Log Out buttons are not appearing! here is the code:
<div id="top"></div>
<div id="data"><p>$WDAY$, $DATE$, $TIME$<br>Logged in as <b><a href="$PERSONAL_PAGE_LINK$" title="My profile">$USERNAME$</a> </b> |  Group "<u>$USER_GROUP$</u>"  |  <a href="$RSS_LINK$" title="RSS">RSS</a></p></div>
<div id="navBar"><div id="navBarLink"><a href="$PERSONAL_PAGE_LINK$" title="My profile">My profile<!--</s>--></a> <!--ENDIF--><?if(!($USER_LOGGED_IN$))?>                        <a href="$REGISTER_LINK$" title="Registration"><!--<s3089>-->Registration<!--</s>--></a><?endif?><!--ENDIF-->                                 <?if($USERS_ON$)?><?if($USER_LOGGED_IN$)?><a href="$LOGOUT_LINK$" title="Log out"><!--<s5164>-->Log out<!--</s>--></a><?else?> <a href="$LOGIN_LINK$" title="Login"><!--<s3087>-->Login<!--</s>--></a><?endif?><?endif?></div></div>

im bad with codes. if you could explain in easy way, i would be appreciated. thanks.

Added (2012-06-03, 9:18 PM)
---------------------------------------------
i got all the information on the top of the website. but now log out button and link are in 2 different places. here it is: http://worldofdesign.ucoz.com/?lByvKz
could you please help me to fix it? thanks.

i tried to use this code: <?if($USER_LOGGED_IN$)?> <a href="$LOGOUT_LINK$">LOG OUT</a> <?else?> <a href="$LOGIN_LINK$">LOG IN</a> <?endif?>
but i cannot locate it right. when i add it to existing code, the top part of my website design changes. here is the code i have right now:

<div id="top"></div>
<div id="data"><p>$WDAY$, $DATE$, $TIME$ </p><p>Logged in as  <b><a href="$PERSONAL_PAGE_LINK$" title="My profile">$USERNAME$</a> </b>|  Group "<u>$USER_GROUP$</u>"  |  <a href="$RSS_LINK$" title="RSS">RSS</a></p><p> <a href="$LOGOUT_LINK$" title="Log out">Log out</a></p></div><div id="navBar"><div id="navBarLink"><a href="$LOGOUT_LINK$" title="Log out"><!--</s>--></a><!--ENDIF--><?if(!($USER_LOGGED_IN$))?> <a href="$LOGIN_LINK$" title="Login"><!--<s3087>-->Login<!--</s>--></a><?endif?><!--ENDIF--></div></div>

Added (2012-06-03, 9:31 PM)
link to my website: http://worldofdesign.ucoz.com/?lByvKz?l4gtIs

Sunny

Message # 2 | 12:25 PM
WorldOfDesign, you probably used Visual Editor to edit the design? I can help you fix the header but as far I can see that's not the only problem. I would suggest that you restore the default design and start from scratch, without the Visual Editor (it is not desirable to use it for major changes as it adds unnecessary characters to the code and corrupts design). You can restore the design via Control Panel -> Settings -> Common settings -> Site design -> Update the design for all active modules. You can also create a backup of your current design modifications via Control Panel -> Customize design -> Template backup.
I'm not active on the forum anymore. Please contact other forum staff.
WorldOfDesign

Message # 3 | 4:04 AM
thanks for advise. however, i already restored the design of this template by clicking "restore default template" button. the previous action did not change design on all the pages, just this one. so i restored it and it looks fine now. my only question is, is it possible to fix log in and log out buttons now somehow? unfortunately, i don't know how to use the codes, that is why i always use visual html editor. do you think you can help me with this?

Added (2012-06-06, 10:04 PM)
maybe you can take a look at my website one more time and have any advice? here is the link: http://worldofdesign.ucoz.com/
the log in or log out button appears in 2 places. log in and log out do not appear at the same time. just 1 button appears twice. first one as a link on the right hand side and another one as pink rectangular on the left. can you help me to make it one please?

Sunny

Message # 4 | 11:12 AM
WorldOfDesign, the default code of the top part for your design is as follows:

Code
<div id="top"></div>
<div id="data"><p>$WDAY$, $DATE$, $TIME$<br><?if($USERS_ON$)?><?if($USER_LOGGED_IN$)?><!--<s5200>-->Logged in as<!--</s>--> <a href="$PERSONAL_PAGE_LINK$" title="My profile"><b>$USERNAME$</b></a> | <!--<s3167>-->Group<!--</s>--> "<u>$USER_GROUP$</u>"<?else?><!--<s5212>-->Welcome<!--</s>--> <b>$USERNAME$</b><?endif?><?endif?> <?if($RSS_LINK$)?>| <a href="$RSS_LINK$" title="RSS">RSS</a><?endif?></p></div>
<div id="navBar"><div id="navBarLink"><a href="$HOME_PAGE_LINK$" title="Main"><!--<s5176>-->Main<!--</s>--></a><?if($USERS_ON$)?><?if($USER_LOGGED_IN$)?> <a href="$PERSONAL_PAGE_LINK$" title="My profile"><!--<s5214>-->My profile<!--</s>--></a><?else?> <a href="$REGISTER_LINK$" title="Registration"><!--<s3089>-->Registration<!--</s>--></a><?endif?><?endif?> <?if($USERS_ON$)?><?if($USER_LOGGED_IN$)?> <a href="$LOGOUT_LINK$" title="Log out"><!--<s5164>-->Log out<!--</s>--></a><?else?> <a href="$LOGIN_LINK$" title="Login"><!--<s3087>-->Login<!--</s>--></a><?endif?><?endif?></div></div>

Try to replace your current code with the provided code, it must solve the problem.

WorldOfDesign

Message # 5 | 7:05 PM
it gives me an error: One or more conditional operators (<?if?>) are not closed

Added (2012-06-07, 10:39 AM)
okey, here what happens. when I entered the code you gave me and saved it, on the top part of the website appears only: DATE, RSS link, and link MAIN. that's all. in order to make all links appear, i have to go to visual editor and press ENTER before each link and then press DELETE. basically, move all links from one spot to another, only then they appear on the top of my website. like this: http://worldofdesign.ucoz.com/
but log in and log out buttons appear together and REGISTRATION link instead of MY PROFILE does not come up. i don't know, if the code changes or something. here is the code what i have for this look:

<div id="top"></div>
<div id="data"><p>$WDAY$, $DATE$, $TIME$<br><!--IF--><!--IF--><!--<s5200>-->Logged in as<!--</s>--> <b><a href="$PERSONAL_PAGE_LINK$" title="My profile">$USERNAME$</a></b>| Group "<u>$USER_GROUP$</u>" | <a href="$RSS_LINK$" title="RSS">RSS</a></p></div>
<div id="navBar"><div id="navBarLink"><a href="$HOME_PAGE_LINK$" title="Main"><!--<s5176>-->Main<!--</s>--></a><!--IF--><!--IF--> <a href="$PERSONAL_PAGE_LINK$" title="My profile">My profile</a> <a href="$LOGOUT_LINK$" title="Log out">Log out</a> <a href="$LOGIN_LINK$" title="Login">Login</a></div></div>

what do i do?

Added (2012-06-07, 10:44 AM)
i am editing the code in HTML codes. maybe that is the problem? but I cannot find BB codes on that page. it's in Customize Design-Global Blocks-Top part of the website

Added (2012-06-08, 1:05 PM)
NEED HELP PLEASE! ANYBODY? cry

Sunny

Message # 6 | 11:32 AM
WorldOfDesign, the top part of your website has been restored. But for the login/logout buttons to be displayed, you need to re-enable the Users module in Control Panel -> Users -> Module settings. At the moment the module is disabled and it means that only administrators can log in to the website via http://worldofdesign.ucoz.com/ admin.
uCoz Community » uCoz Modules » Page Editor » Top part of the website
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: